ꜰɪᴠᴇ- ᴛʀᴀɪɴɪɴɢ

༺☙༻'I've been under scrutinyYou handle it beautifullyAll this shit is new to me'⁻ᵗᵃʸˡᵒʳ ˢʷⁱᶠᵗ; ˡᵃᵛᵉⁿᵈᵉʳ ʰᵃᶻᵉ

༺☙༻
'I've been
under scrutiny
You handle it
beautifully
All this shit
is new to me'
ᵗᵃʸˡᵒʳ ˢʷᶠᵗ; ˡᵃᵛᵉⁿᵈᵉʳ ʰᵃᶻᵉ

             AFTER COMING back down from the roof, River could feel her heart beating a million times per hour

             AFTER COMING back down from the roof, River could feel her heart beating a million times per hour. After her interaction with Cato, she didn't care that Finnick was waiting to yell at her. It was only the saddened truth that he'd probably kill her in the end.

She didn't notice Finnick sitting on her bed until she turned on the light. A shriek left her mouth and she covered her heart. "I just about died before the Games." She joked and he, too, was startled.

"Sorry, I dozed off." He apologized and she only shook her head. "Old man syndrome." Finnick remained straight faced until a smile took over.

She returned it with her own, taking a seat next to her. "I'm only twenty-four." He nudged her arm with his elbow and she only shrugged. "You're older than me."

A silence settled in until he spoke up. "Are you mad at me? For you know, going off on you about the boy from two?" River sighed, looking at her brother.

"I'm not mad, Finn. I just... it's better to have allies than not. Plus, I'd rather the Careers like me because the second they see me in that arena, I'm a goner." She spoke with certainty, stress clear in her voice.

  "I know and... I'm sorry. I know how these Games work and my job is to protect you and Aster." "There is no protecting. There is only training us to the best of our abilities." She immediately cut him off.

If she was going to win in the arena or at least stay alive for a while, she had some serious training to do. From years of tying ropes and using a spear for fish, at least she had some chance.

She knew that Finnick wanted to protect her. That was his whole life's purpose, to keep her safe and out of harms way. The Games threw that in a twist and now he could only pray she'd make it out alive.