ᴛᴇɴ- ꜰɪɴᴀʟ ʜᴏᴜʀs

༺☙༻'Seeing you tonightIt's a bad idea, right?'ᵒˡⁱᵛⁱᵃ ʳᵒᵈʳⁱᵍᵒ; ᵇᵃᵈ ⁱᵈᵉᵃ, ʳⁱᵍʰᵗ

༺☙༻
'Seeing you tonight
It's a bad idea, right?'
ᵒˡᵃ ʳᵒᵈʳᵍᵒ; ᵇᵃᵈ ᵈᵉᵃ, ʳᵍʰᵗ

             AS SOON as River stepped onto the roof, she met Catos eyes as he quickly turned around, walking to her

   "Hi." She breathed out, looking up at him as he towered over her, her heart pounding against her chest. "Handsome? You flirting with me now, Odair."

  A deep blush crept onto her face, her eyes squinting to avoid the light glaring behind his back from the lamppost.

   "Maybe. Now why'd you ask me up here?" A smirk lifted his lips, a gasp emitting from hers as he pulled her closer by her waist.

"We're going to meet our ends tomorrow so, why not make the last of this count?" River felt the weight of his words hang on her, a sad reality they'd have to face in the coming day.

    "How?" Her voice came out quiet, watching his eyes flicker down to her lips. "I thought maybe you'd know."

    River could feel her heart racing, letting her hands wander up his chest to behind his neck. Being this close to him was a shock, leaving her breathless and out of words.

     The tension could've been cut with a knife, leaving any other concern seemingly at a distance. It was like a game to see who'd break first but the unfathomable pull between them was getting too much.

River was the first to take action, placing her lips gently on his. Cato was quick to react, reciprocating the gesture as sparks seemed to fly in the cold night air.

But they seemed to die out quickly, too.

Something inside of him snapped, pulling away from her as she gazed into his eyes with nothing but confusion. "What-." "This was a bad idea."

Cato watched as hurt flashed through her eyes. It was his fault. He was the one who had told her to meet him there, he hinted that he wanted to kiss her, but he couldn't bring himself to hurt her further.