ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴏɴᴇ- sᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴀᴛᴇʀ, ᴋɪᴅ

༺☙༻'Am I losin' my familyEvery minute I'm gone?'⁻ᵍʳᵃᶜⁱᵉ ᵃᵇʳᵃᵐˢ; ʳⁱᵍʰᵗ ⁿᵒʷ

༺☙༻
'Am I losin'
my family
Every minute
I'm gone?'
⁻ᵍʳᵃᶜⁱᵉ ᵃᵇʳᵃᵐˢ; ʳⁱᵍʰᵗ ⁿᵒʷ

             WHEN MORNING came, River automatically checked on her partner, making sure he was still breathing

  Thankfully he was, leaving River with the bloodied "bandage" hanging loosely around his body.

Her heart broke seeing as he shivered. It wasn't because of the bitter night but because of the blood he had lost. River was genuinely surprised when she saw he wasn't sitting in a pool of his own blood.

His body trembled and quiet whimpers left his mouth. River assumed the nightmares were a thousand times worse now that his body was fighting hard to keep making blood.

Seeing Aster like this was painful. He no longer looked like the big, tough guy she met at the Reaping but rather a helpless boy.

That's when it really hit her. He was just a boy. He was a son. For all she knew, he was most likely a boyfriend, too. It was all being ripped away. From his father, from his girlfriend, and most importantly, himself.

  With hesitation, she woke him up. "You need some water." She directed, handing him the bottle. It was the only thing she could think of.

  As he went to sit up, the pain came crashing down on him a hundred times harder. His body dropped back to the ground, a pained groan leaving his lips.

  River sighed. "Moving will help. You know, circulating the blood and everything." She tried to sound like she knew what she was doing but unfortunately it was only to ease her mind off of the hapless situation.

     He only nodded. It took him some tries but eventually he was sitting up, chugging down the water but sparing River some.

   "We've gotta do something about that wound of yours." River announced, standing to her feet and tossing her bag over her shoulders, the trident secured in one of her hands.