ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ- ʙᴀᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴡᴏᴜɴᴅs

༺☙༻'It was my season for battle wounds battle scars body bumped bruised'⁻ᵗᵃʸˡᵒʳ ˢʷⁱᶠᵗ, ᵏᵉⁿᵈʳⁱᶜᵏ ˡᵃᵐᵃʳ; ᵇᵃᵈ ᵇˡᵒᵒᵈ

༺☙༻
'It was my season for
battle wounds
battle scars
body bumped
bruised'
ᵗᵃʸˡᵒʳ ˢʷᶠᵗ, ᵏᵉⁿᵈʳᶜᵏ ˡᵃᵐᵃʳ; ᵇᵃᵈ ᵇˡᵒᵒᵈ

             A ROBOTIC type voice startled River out of her unrestful slumber, looking at a drowsy Clove and Cato who were staring into space

   "Attention, tributes, attention." Claudius Templesmiths rang out for a second time.

   "Commencing at sunrise, there will be a feast tomorrow at the Cornucopia. This will be no ordinary occasion. Each of you needs something desperately. And we plan to be... generous hosts."

   As River listened to those words she needed only one thing. Stitches and new salve.

Clove and Cato immediately jumped into a plan to attack Katniss when she arrived at the feast.

River didn't want to be with them for a second longer. She knew it was a risk with what she was about to do but somehow it couldn't get any worse.

With quick decision, she jumped up, hauling herself out of the cave only to feel a knife plunge into her calf. She screamed out in pain, turning to wield her trident at the culprit.

"Where do you think you're going, Four?" Clove taunted, going for another jab but was pushed back by Cato.

"Go." He rushed out to her while Clove regained to her feet. River didn't hesitate to get up but seeing as her leg was now cut open she fell right back down.

   She squeezed her eyes shut, tears rapidly streaming down her face as she could do nothing but crawl. "You gonna run, Four?" Cloves voice rang out.

   River could tell Cato was trying to keep her back and he seemed to be succeeding.

A knife landed in the ground beside her and she scrambled up, limping to somewhere where Clove wasn't.

Rivers breathing was sporadic as she hobbled through the thicket of greenery, praying that she was safe at least for now.