ꜰᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ- ɴᴏ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ɢᴏ, ꜰᴏᴜʀ?

༺☙༻'Did you have to hit meWhere I'm weak? Baby, I couldn't breathe'ᵇᵃᵈ ᵇˡᵒᵒᵈ; ᵗᵃʸˡᵒʳ ˢʷⁱᶠᵗ

༺☙༻
'Did you
have to hit me
Where I'm weak?
Baby, I couldn't breathe'
ᵇᵃᵈ ᵇˡᵒᵒᵈ; ᵗᵃʸˡᵒʳ ˢʷᶠᵗ

             CATOS MENACING eyes pierced into hers and it wasn't long before the other Careers took notice of her, too

    "There she is!" Glimmer announced. "We got her!" Marvel cheered as they started running for her.

    River quickly turned on her heels, bolting away from the killers. She tried to ignore the Careers shouts and joy of getting to kill her but it wasn't easy, leaving her already pounding head to worsen.

     "Where you going, Four?" Cato called, enthusiasm prominent in his booming voice. "I get her!" Clove shouted over their cheers.

    "Not a chance. She's mine!" Cato replied but Glimmer denied it. "Not if I get her first!"

   River knew Glimmer hated her but not this much. An arrow grazed her already cut up arm, making more blood rush down and coat her dirty skin.

Glimmer desperately wanted to catch River for some reason but the District 4 girl wasn't going to make it easy.

     "You can't run forever!" River made out Cato's voice over the interspersing of their voices, all mixing into an incoherent sound.

      She truly didn't know where she was going, she was just running away from the blood thirsty Careers. And unfortunately, she knew he was right.

Her legs felt like giving out and she was having a very difficult time breathing. It was like someone had drained all the oxygen from the arena, leaving her lungs to be pumping extra hard as she gasped.

She remembered this feeling all too well. It was the first time she was learning how to swim and she had went under, accidentally breathing in the water and choking on it.

When she returned to the surface and coughed it up, she still felt like the oxygen had been sucked out of her.

   Somewhere deep inside, she felt a sense of betrayal. She didn't want to admit she was right when she said Cato would want to kill her as soon as the Games began.