ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ᴏɴᴇ- ᴇɴᴏᴜɢʜ

༺☙༻'Even in my worst timesYou could see the best of me'⁻ᵗᵃʸˡᵒʳ ˢʷⁱᶠᵗ; ᵈʳᵉˢˢtw: mentions of scars and an ED

༺☙༻
'Even in my worst times
You could see the best of me'
⁻ᵗᵃʸˡᵒʳ ˢʷⁱᶠᵗ; ᵈʳᵉˢˢ
tw: mentions of scars and an ED

༺☙༻'Even in my worst timesYou could see the best of me'⁻ᵗᵃʸˡᵒʳ ˢʷⁱᶠᵗ; ᵈʳᵉˢˢtw: mentions of scars and an ED

RIVER STOOD in the bathroom, staring at her figure in only her undergarments. This was becoming a habit. A habit that wasn't good in the slightest.

Every time she tried to get in the shower she'd stare at the imperfections littering her skin and the skin on her stomach that she had once been told was unattractive.

She didn't feel pretty. She couldn't remember the last time she even looked at herself and decided she was pretty just for the day.

Being in the Capitol only furthered her insecurity with by how much she was judged by all the people in bright colored wigs and extravagant makeup.

With the girls in her district always making fun of her and at one point peer pressuring River into losing weight when she didn't need to, she eventually starved her body and only ate when she couldn't stand it anymore.

A knock startled her, knowing it was only Cato. "Are you alright? You've been in there for quite awhile now." River looked at the sink, debating on opening the door.

Though he had seen in her in nothing a few times, she was still hesitant on openly showing herself. The more the days dragged on, the more she grew ashamed of her body.

"River?" His voice broke her thoughts and she slowly wrapped her fingers around the door handle. When she met Cato's eyes, he held a look of confusion.

She didn't realized how long she had been in the bathroom and hadn't even turned on the shower.

"Cato... do you think these will ever disappear?" River asked with a quiet voice, biting her bottom lip to avoid the tears rising. She motioned toward the scars and he automatically knew that it was more than that.

"River, you don't think-." He trailed off, trying to find the right words. "Just tell me." She almost demanded, finding that the imperfections were consuming her.