sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ- ᴜɴᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ᴀʟʟɪᴇs

༺☙༻'It's a scene, and we're out here in plain sight'⁻ᵗᵃʸˡᵒʳ ˢʷⁱᶠᵗ; ⁱ ᵏⁿᵒʷ ᵖˡᵃᶜᵉˢ

༺☙༻
'It's a scene, and we're
out here in plain sight'
ᵗᵃʸˡᵒʳ ˢʷᶠᵗ; ᵏⁿᵒʷ ᵖˡᵃᶜᵉˢ

             RIVER QUICKLY dropped to her knees beside him, ignoring the shot of pain zigzagging through her bruised knee and up her thigh

   "Cato?" She asked hurriedly, trying to flip him over onto his back to check for a pulse.

  Once she finally managed to get him to turn over, she checked for a pulse in his neck. A flood of relief washed through her when she felt one but she quickly began to panic again.

   The fact Clove and Marvel were only a few feet away didn't even occur to her until she didn't know what else to do.

    With a few deep breaths, she tried to gather her thoughts. He was only out because of the Tracker Jacker venom, the welts littering his skin ghostly white and throbbing to further prove her point.

     Her head shot up when she heard running, seeing a knife soaring through the air in her direction but not close enough to hurt her.

    Clove and Marvel were making a quick approach, making River only have time to hold her trident and stand up. Her heart beat faster, her worst fear coming true.

     "What the hell happened to him?" Clove asked accusingly as if River had something to do with it.

    "The venom got to him." She rushed out, running a hand over her head as she looked back down at the unconscious boy.

     As the District 2 girl kneeled down besides him, Marvel had his time with her.

    He quickly went to impale her but she dodged it, knowing it was coming sooner than later. But that wasn't enough when he stabbed her hand, causing the trident to fall out of her grasp.

    A pained scream left her as Marvels spear was ripped out of the center of her palm, leaving a gaping hole with blood rushing down her finger tips.