ᴇɪɢʜᴛᴇᴇɴ- ᴄᴀʟʟ ɪᴛ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴀɴᴛ

༺☙༻'All the drama queens taking swingsAll the jokers dressin' up as kingsThey fade to nothin' when I look at him'⁻ᵗᵃʸˡᵒʳ ˢʷⁱᶠᵗ; ᶜᵃˡˡ ⁱᵗ ʷʰᵃᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ʷᵃⁿᵗ

༺☙༻
'All the drama queens
taking swings
All the jokers dressin'
up as kings
They fade to nothin' when
I look at him'
⁻ᵗᵃʸˡᵒʳ ˢʷⁱᶠᵗ; ᶜᵃˡˡ ⁱᵗ ʷʰᵃᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ʷᵃⁿᵗ

༺☙༻'All the drama queens taking swingsAll the jokers dressin' up as kingsThey fade to nothin' when I look at him'⁻ᵗᵃʸˡᵒʳ ˢʷⁱᶠᵗ; ᶜᵃˡˡ ⁱᵗ ʷʰᵃᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ʷᵃⁿᵗ

             THINGS HAD cooled down both figuratively and literally. The sun had completely set, a chill spreading across the plain as the moon casted eerie shadows upon the forest. Cato had calmed down as well as the others, now all sitting by a toasty fire.

    Clove was sharpening her knives, Marvel star gazing, the District 3 boy out hunting dinner, Cato spinning his sword, and River just staring at the flickering flames illuminating the darkness with its warm glow.

    River and Cato stole glances at each other from across the fire, a barely noticeable smile dancing Rivers lips at the unexpected comfort she was feeling.

    Being around three death machines shouldn't have given her the feeling it was right now. A part of her knew it was only because of one specific boy who had her back if the others were to turn.

    She brought her knees to her chest, keeping her hands close to the warmth the fire brought, the pain in her palm subsiding momentarily.

    Cato's eyes lingered on her, finding the flames casting shadows on the girl made her seem ethereal in his eyes.

    When her eyes met his, the two smiled at one another, it going unnoticed by Clove and Marvel who were lost in their own thoughts.

    They broke away when the District 6 boy threw down two rabbits and a bird, all dead and looking mouth watering. They were all skinned, leaving them to just pick apart the meat.

    Clove cheered, sticking the bird onto the tip of one of her longer knives, beginning to roast it in the fire. Marvel and the boy from 3 doing the same with the rabbits while Cato and River waited.

     When the animals were cooked thoroughly, each tribute took an edible part, scarfing down the meal within seconds. They went back for more without thinking if anyone else still wanted some.