Rainy Day

The sound of raindrops can be heard throughout Koudo Ikusei High School. Most Koudo students would be in their rooms or in a shelter to protect themselves from the heavy rain to avoid getting sick. But there were two people who did not. People who never expected what would happen to them that day. That rainy day that marked their history as...

One of those people was a beautiful girl with long, peach-colored hair, who looked up at the sky with a lost expression. Every raindrop soaked the girl's clothes and skin more and more, but she didn't seem to care. Her attention was on the questions that ran through her mind, repeating over and over again without stopping. She was so immersed in her thoughts that she did not notice the presence of a boy with an emotionless gaze and brown hair, who was looking at her while he was sheltered from the rain, thanks to an umbrella he had previously gone to ask for.

The image the boy saw of the girl was one of complete vulnerability. Any person, particularly a boy, could take advantage of this vulnerability, but that was not the case. The boy held another red umbrella in his left hand, held firmly. He opened it carefully and walked towards where "Ichinose Honami" was...

 He opened it carefully and walked towards where "Ichinose Honami" was

"

Eh?"

Ichinose was confused by what she saw. She turned to look at the person responsible, and saw the boy. The boy who had helped her so many times. The boy who, to her, was great: "Ayanokouji Kiyotaka."

"You'll catch a cold if you stay in this place," the brown-haired boy said, his tone devoid of any emotion.

"... Ayanokouji-kun," she was confused to encounter this particular boy.

"Yes," he confirmed his presence by whispering softly.

Once again, Ichinose looked up at the cloudy sky when she removed her umbrella.

"You should go back first. As for me... I would like to get wet in the rain a little."

The boy knew that if he left the beautiful woman there, she wouldn't return. As he thought, he used a slightly harder approach, which worked against Ichinose in moments like this.

He gently lowered the blue umbrella he carried and closed it. Instantly, raindrops hit her body.

"Aya-Ayanokouji-kun?" Ichinose was confused by Ayanokouji's actions.

"I thought of joining you."

"Why?"

"Sometimes, I enjoy being in the rain and getting wet for no reason."

Despite having the umbrella, it was no longer necessary. Her whole body was already drenched by the rain. A rather strange situation.

"Will you not catch a cold?" Ichinose asked.

"I could say the same about you."

"I don't mind. Or rather, it would be good if I caught a small one."