The Ability of the Masterpiece (Part 1)

Author POV

DAY: 1

Dozens of students, both first and second years, were in the gymnasium.

The reason? They were invited by a particular girl, who organized a meeting for first and second-year students in order to get to know each other and find partners for the upcoming special exam for these two courses.

Who proposed this meeting? None other than Ichinose Honami, the leader of Class B, and one of the most beautiful girls in the academy, who was the object of interest for most of the boys.

Unfortunately for these people who felt something for this pink-haired girl, she already had a boyfriend. Someone to whom she gave all her love.

Who was the lucky guy? The lucky guy was a brown-haired, poker-faced boy named Ayanokouji Kiyotaka, a second-year student in class 2-D. He is on a quest to learn more about human emotions, specifically love, which he has not been able to feel yet, but he is in the process, slowly but surely.

Kiyotaka POV

Looking around at the crowd, I could see that the leader of class A, Sakayanagi, was nowhere to be found. Well, that was to be expected, as her mobility is quite restricted by her legs not being strong enough to move more freely. The only one from class A was Hashimoto, who wasn't talking to anyone. Apparently, he was just scouting. On the other hand, half of class B was present, and as expected, their leaders were there. Honami and Kanzaki. On the other hand, apparently none of class C was present. They simply decided to ignore this event to gather with the first-year students.

Honami, in order not to discomfort the first-year students, avoided talking about the exam; instead, she spoke with most of the first-year students to make friends with a bright smile that caught some of the first-year students' attention. Especially the boys. Looking closely, a few boys looked at her like Ike does when he sees Kushida. Should I be angry? Based on what I read, I should be ... But, I'm not.

Not that I can blame them, Honami is a very beautiful girl, and with a quite developed body. Quite developed, to be honest... but couldn't they be subtle about it? Hmm... What did the character in that romantic book say?

"It's not that they could have her, they could only have her in their dreams. So, what's the point of bothering?"

We really didn't do anything; Horikita and I decided to hold back. It was really a waste of time.

Now, Horikita's new strategy was for the students of Class 2-D and 1-D to join forces.

It certainly wasn't a bad idea, but it would also make it difficult for us to defeat the other classes.

In the end, this time the priority was to save our classmates rather than to climb up the class ranks. The same idea that Honami had.

Before leaving, I looked one last time, and strangely our glances met. She just smiled sweetly, while I just raised my hand slightly, luckily no one saw it.

Now, our new destination was class 1-D.

to make a deal with them for this new exam, stemming from Horikita's idea. On the way to our way, we ran into Ryuuen Kakeru from Class 2-C.

"You're terribly late, aren't you, Suzune?"

The door leading to Class 1-D was behind him, and it seemed like he had just come out of there.

Apparently, he couldn't get anything from the students of 1-D. It seems that the first-year students were able to understand how this school really works, they might oppose negotiations with us. I suppose it's to be expected if they already know how the school works.