Changes

The first day of May. Class D of the 2nd year was in a strange situation that had never been experienced before.

Yukimura Teruhiko repeatedly looked at the entrance of the classroom, shaking his right foot in small increments.

"Why don't you calm down a bit? It's been less than 5 minutes since Kiyopon left. The teacher called him, right? I think it's going to take some time." Hasebe Haruka, a classmate and close friend, spoke to Yukimura.

Sakura Airi and Miyake Akito were also present, accompanying Hasebe.

"I am calm... don't worry,"

Yukimura, who once responded affirmatively, stopped shaking his foot, but it didn't take long before he became restless again. The sound of his right leg moving up and down and his pants rubbing against each other could be heard.

Yukimura had tried to talk to Ayanokouji as they walked to school, but gave up once Horikita appeared. After that, Horikita told him that he was called by Chabashira-sensei and headed somewhere, and was waiting for his return to the classroom.

Sighing as if she had given up somewhere, Hasebe looked out the window.

Knowing that Yukimura was stubborn, she quickly realized that it was no longer worth trying to calm him down. The air in Class D of the 2nd year was heavy.

Hasebe thinks that the sky in May, when spring has arrived, is really lush and beautiful.

And she thinks again why she is in such a situation.

In April, a special exam was held, conducted in collaboration with first and second year students. A test of 5 subjects was conducted, where Ayanokouji Kiyotaka, a friend of his, scored perfectly in each of them.

If it were a regular test, it is not unusual to see a student achieve a perfect score.

Students who regularly achieve perfect scores, led by Yukimura, who has good academic scores, appear, Of course, sometimes an unexpected student achieves a perfect score. It's the result of studying hard, or it is consistent with the test range carried out by intuition by chance.

But this time seems to be very different from the ones before.

Of course, although he is not as good as Yukimura, Hasebe is also very aware of it.

The only one who got a perfect score in the class, regardless of the subject, was Ayanokouji. It can't be said that it was simply studying or just by mere chance.

-"It's only been six minutes... and he still hasn't come back."

It was not possible to leave Yukimura in such a restless state as a friend, and Hasebe thought about bringing up a completely different topic, but decided not to have that kind of chat with Yukimura. The main reason was that he thought it would be a little annoying, but Hasabe herself wanted to know how terrifying the perfect score that Ayanokouji achieved was.

-"Were the questions difficult?"

When asked that question, Yukimura nodded without hesitation.

"To a certain extent, yes. I simply couldn't answer the last questions. They were on another level. And that last math problem is not easy at all."

Yukimura says he couldn't understand the problem itself, not that he couldn't solve it.

"After the test, I tried to examine the test questions as far as I could remember, but they were way beyond what high school students could learn. In other words, these were problems that couldn't be solved with general knowledge."

"What is this. Isn't the school strange? It's beyond the level of a regular test."

"It's unreasonable. That's why the amount of points that could be earned in any subject has decreased drastically. However, there were many questions that were not as difficult as Chabashira-sensei claimed," As they presented the surprise high-difficulty problem, some lower-level problems were mixed in.