Sick with Fever Mother

Kiyotaka POV

When I woke up early in the morning to do my morning exercises, I wanted to get up, but surprisingly, I didn't have the strength to do so. I felt too unwell to perform that action.

I touched my forehead and noticed that I had a high temperature.

"Great, I'm sick," I thought.

I wonder, how did I get sick? I don't remember the last time, in fact, have I ever been sick? I simply don't remember.

Anyway, even with my healthy body, this fever makes me feel very tired. I never thought a fever would cause me this much fatigue.

I guess I won't go to school. But now, what am I supposed to do? For the moment, I'll let Honami know that I won't be attending school. In my situation, I even doubt that I can get up for a long time.

I grabbed my phone from my bedside table and sent her a message.

"Honami, could you let Hoshinomiya-sensei know that I won't be coming to class?"

Shortly after I sent the message, it appeared as read, but there was no response with a message, only a call.

"Hello."

"Kiyotaka, do you know today is Saturday? Are you okay?"

I looked at the date on my phone and indeed, it was Saturday. How could I forget? I'm really very sick.

"Sorry for my oversight, and I'm fine, just sick, that's all," I replied.

"Sick? Is it serious?"

"Something, I guess. I can't even move from where I am."

I wanted to lie and tell her it's nothing, but the truth came out on its own without me being able to do anything.

"Do you want me to come over?"

"Well, since I don't even have the strength to stop you... Yes, please."

"I'll be there then, won't take long."

"Yes."

She hung up, and I just threw my phone to the side.

The good thing is that she has a key to my room, as it would have been a problem to open the door for her. I tried to move a little and barely managed to get comfortable.

This will be a long day...

Honami POV

On the way to Kiyotaka's room, I was thinking about the tone he had just had.

The monotonous tone he usually has was gone, it was more like that of a small child who was very sick.

That surprised me. I had never heard him like that before, so apart from helping him with what he needed, I wanted to check what I had heard, and make sure it wasn't something I was imagining at the moment.

When I arrived, I took the key to Kiyotaka from my bag, which he had given me three days ago, and carefully opened the door in case he had fallen asleep again.

When I approached his bed, I could see that he was covered from head to toe with his blanket.

I removed it from his head, and I could see Kiyotaka, who complained about the sun rays coming through his window at that moment, so I closed the curtains to not bother his eyes.

"Thank you for coming,"

As he said that, I could confirm that this tone was not just my imagination; indeed, his voice sounded like that of a child complaining about his illness.