Start of New Year

After a long, but somewhat short, spring break, a new year had begun.

As a result, our old and familiar first year classroom was changed to a new classroom for the second year.

The first instructions we received were to sit in the same spot as last year, waiting for new instructions.

The most noticeable change in the classroom was that the blackboard had been replaced by a large monitor. Everyone who arrived after me noticed this change and was surprised to see it.

Putting that aside, I headed to my seat and sat down, looking out the window.

After that, the opening ceremony would be held in the gymnasium. Once it concluded, the homeroom teachers would spend the next two hours or so explaining the schedule for the year, before dismissing us sometime before noon.

Looking around, friends who hadn't seen each other during the break began excitedly chatting about all sorts of things they had done during the holidays.

"Hello, Kiyotaka."

A familiar voice greeted me.

It was Miyake Akito, a classmate and a member of a small group of people who are my friends.

"You know, I was a little worried. The group didn't see much of you during spring break... That was true. I hadn't interacted with the Ayanokouji Group during spring vacation.

That's because I had some things to take care of and ended up rejecting them.

"But don't get me wrong, there's no rule that says you have to hang out with us, it's just that even Haruka was worried, and so was Airi, who seemed to have been thinking a lot about you." Akito was warning me to consider the feelings of the girls in our group.

- "Sorry. I'll spend more time with you from now on," I said.

- "I'm glad to hear that. I was also feeling quite lonely without you, you know?" I felt a little uncomfortable hearing a friend say something like that, but it wasn't exactly a bad feeling.

It didn't seem like Akito was planning to stay much longer, as he casually waved and made his way to his seat. As he did, I ended up thinking that I had found a truly good friend. After all, he had taken the trouble to give me such genuine advice. I had planned to use my cell phone, but I no longer felt like using it, so I put it away in my pocket, and decided to rest my head on my arms as I looked out the window, watching a certain person with beautiful pink hair approaching.

Many things have happened to me during my time at this school, and one of the most recent things that happened during spring break was my new "Relationship with: Ichinose Honami. After asking her if she could help me figure out what I feel, she agreed to help me without hesitation, a girl with good faith, willing to help a good friend... Although, that last point no longer applies.

I had another candidate to help me discover the Unknown Feeling, and that person was none other than: Karuizawa Kei. But, after thinking about it, I discarded her. Why? Basically, because Ichinose was the first one to make me feel that feeling that I can't understand. In order for this investigation to go as planned, without her realizing it at the time, I asked her to be my girlfriend. At that moment, Ichinose was surprised by that proposal, but in the end, she accepted, becoming my girlfriend.

At the moment, our relationship is a secret, and there are two reasons for that. The first is to avoid any problems with our classmates. Although this point doesn't bother me much, the problem lies in the second reason. It's to prevent Tsukishiro and the White Room representative from getting in the way of my discovery of the "Unknown Feeling" that I feel for the student in Class B: Ichinose Honami.