Chapter thirty-one- clear my head

Dinner has started to die down and now most of the people are just here to finally hear the rankings. I've been busy getting caught up on all that has happened when I wasn't around. Most of the information is just that "so and so slept together" and "so and so hate each other" now. The basic teenage drama that apparently followed us out of school. As I continue to Cole and Casy argue about who would win in a fight Uriah comes running up to us.

"Hello little ones," he says with a cheeky smile sitting next to his sister

"Uri, you're only a year older," Sierra says with an eye roll

"Whatever, do you want my info on the party or not?" he says, wrapping his arm around her head and giving her a noogie.

"Ahhh, get off!" she screeches well we laugh

"ok, ok. Uriah, what do you know?" Cassy asks

"Well after the rankings come out and don't worry I'm 1000% sure you guys made it, there is a party at Myles Barlow's."

"Who?" I ask raising my eyebrow

"Doesn't matter," he says, shaking his head. "Just so to the 7th floor, 5 doors on the right," he says before standing up and walking off

"Wait what time!?" Sawyer yells at his back

"8:30!" he says before disappearing into the crowd back to his friends

Cassy looks at me "You know what this means right?" she says excitedly

"That a lot of people will get drunk and end up smashing their genitals together?" I asked raising my eyebrow

"Nooooo silly, We get to go shopping!!!!" she says rejoicing at the opportunity to buy clothes

"Oh uh.." but she isn't listening anymore, she's planning with Sawyer and Sierra. I sigh. I don't have points to spend like her, I've missed so much training that I haven't earned any. Plus I don't know if I'm ready to go out and party, I mean I could barely come to eat because of all the people. I rest my head on my hand well I push my peas around my plate and think about what to do.

I feel a hand on my shoulder "Hey, you good?" Cole asks brushing my hair out of my face.

"Ya, I'm fine" I murmur, and before he can ask again there is a loud banging overhead and the dining hall quiets down immediately.

"Alright, everyone!" Max yells at all of us "No the time we have all been waiting for. The rankings." he says

Eric then steps up and continues "Once we show you the rankings you'll find your name, if you are above the red line congrats, and you move on to the next stage. If your name is below the line, well you have one hour to pack your things and get out." he says. I don't see even a hint of sympathy I think to myself and I wince at that thought. Know that if I was anyone else I would be out right now.

"Then without further ado," Max says before revealing the board, everyone starts searching for their name. Then cheers erupt from the people who made it and sobs from the people who didn't. I search for my name and my friends.

1; Zavior

2; Cole

3; Sierra

4; Missy

5; Jace

6; Cassy

7; Luke

8; Jake

9; Noah

10; Sawyer

After them are another 20 random people that I don't know and 10 more people under the red line who didn't make it. That means still another 15 get cut next time. I scan the list again but still can't find my name. Then there is another bang noise to tell everyone to quit.