𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧, 𝘰𝘤𝘵𝘰𝘣𝘦𝘳 25𝘵𝘩

-ˋˏ 𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝑇𝑊𝐸𝑁𝑇𝑌- 𝑆𝐸𝑉𝐸𝑁, 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞

♯ 𝑅𝐸𝐴𝐿 𝐿𝐼𝐹𝐸
( 𝑇𝐻𝐼𝑅𝐷 𝑃𝐸𝑅𝑆𝑂𝑁 )

𝐚 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐮𝐢𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐰𝐚𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐢𝐧, the city. in her mind. a fake smile was plastered on her face as the young girl walked out towards brady's car. he wanted to driver her to and from school today. she didn't know why but she accepted the offer. she didn't want to drive anyways.

the sky was a light grey color. clouds weren't spotted in it. the rain would be falling soon and hitting the ground hard. you could hear it from blocks away. the brunette's birthday was in six days. only six and she could register to vote in the next election.

even if all the candidates do suck. but it was the thought that counts.

she contuined to walk careful to not be hit by teenagers in their cars as she spotted brady's car. it was easy to spot considering he parked in the same spot everyday.

as aurora approached the car she saw brady sitting in the drivers seat starring at his phone causing the girl to knock on his window.

she saw the boy jump slightly before realizing who it was and unlocking the door. as soon as he did aurora gave him a smile and got in before shutting the door behind her.

the boy started the car right away as he heard her seatbelt click into place. they drove in silence for a while. it was comfortable.

but the constant thought that it was october 25th roamed her head. it felt like she was sixteen once again. where the leaves were rolling rolling on the ground and turning over and over again.

but she didn't need to think about that. it wasn't important just a stable of her horrible year of being 16.

music played in the background as he drove. his music of course even if aurora didn't completely agree with it. but that didn't matter.

the car came to a stop as they approached a red light. the silence now growing slightly uncomfortable.

it felt a little familiar. but it was the type that didn't make someone stronger but it didn't kill them ether.

aurora made her focus outside towards the window but she heard brady start to speak. lowering down the music as he did so.

the leaves continued to turn outside.

" your birthdays soon " he let out trying to start conversation. it was as if they ran out of conversation topics from earlier. she only hummed in response.

her sister was coming down from college. she was excited. really excited.

the car started to roll on its wheels again as the light has changed. and soon enough they had arrived at auroras home.

she turned towards the boy letting out a smile before unbuckling her seatbelt.

" thank you " she told him. he nodded.

even as she closed the car door and went inside her home. and as he pulled out of her driveway she felt like something change.

the air had shifted even more now.

the leaves were still turning. her eyes were still rolling. her heart had turned into aching. but that's all it was. nothing actually changed.

she just got seconds older. that's all. people never change they just get older. but then explain why the leaves still continue to turn.

but then they stop. they were to 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘥 inside to move anymore.

𝐜 𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐫𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮 !
so many sadie jean references in here it's
crazy. but um birthday chapter maybe
the the 30th chapter of this book. everything
i've done is leading up to this moment.
i'm so sorry. i've dropped clues here and
there i have. so yeah. goodbye for now !