25|Father

Mariam took a long deep breath as she was scared to face Saalar. It was not that she was scared of Saalar not anymore. She still was very much intimidated by him but now her heart knows that he isn't a bad guy he pretends to be.

She flinched badly standing outside the kitchen when she heard the sound of slaps and belt she was almost shivering but when she heard belt whacking  but her brother  did it only twice so she sighed in relief. The pain Saalar's words held shook her to no core. She never thought that his life was bad too.

She had no idea the father of the siblings was this abusive the sudden realisation drawn upon her. The reason why her mother left drawn upon her and a sob wrecked her body.

She gulped a glass of water and wiped her tears she always thought her life was painful but listening to the conversation she just heard she realised how difficult life is for her eldest brother.

Mariam doesn't remember a single thing about her father she never knew one and she doesn't know how fathers are but when she came to this house she saw how Saalar was fathering his brothers he was the first person who showed her how the father son relationship works. He was firm and considerate at the same time he was unrelenting but forgiving at the same time. He was protective and strict but he was soft and sweet. The way he mirrored a true image of father one can never guess that he has been abused by his own and suffered from the hands of his father only.

Mariam filled a glass of water and walked upstairs she wont let this guy break she might not know him for years but in these past two weeks she have seen him enough she knows how his mind works and she won't let the big strong guy fell down. He deserves all the love and appreciation and he will get it.

Mariam very determined entered the terrace and found Saalar sitting on the swing gazing at sky. His eyes were plain no tears no pain no effect just blank.

Saalar eyes twitched in surprise when he heard footsteps he turned around and found Mariam standing beside him.

"Mimi?" He asked gently.

"Kia hua beta soyi nahi?" He asked in his normal voice it was as blank as if nothing have happened. She sat down next to him and offered him a glass of water.

Saalar gave her questioning look but gulped down the glass he didn't realised how thirsty and in need of water he was. He put the glass down at floor and turned his attention back to his sister.

"Kia hua kuch baat karni ha?" Saalar asked.

"Ap theek ho bhaiya?" Mariam asked softly.

Saalar's eyes went wide he didn't even thought about her knowing it all. He doesn't want her to know it he doesn't want her to hate him for being so harsh with their brother.

Mariam noticed the look in his eyes and gently held his hand.

"He deserved it bhaiya. Every inch of it." She was not sure if she was stepping her borders but she felt like doing it so she did.

"Tumne kia suna?" Saalar asked.

"Sab kuch." Mariam replied.

Saalar's eyes turned hard he was not in a good mental space or else he would have chided her for eavesdropping he hates it with passion. He also doesn't want to talk about it at all he have learned how to handle himself over the years and he was fine doing it.

"I don't want to talk about this Mariam." saalar's tone was firm.

Mariam sighed this was what she was expecting Saalar was one of those guys who doesn't allow people to see his weakness and right now he was at his weakest.

Mariam couldn't reply after that so she nodded.

"Coffee piynge?" She asked after a comforting silence of two minutes.