30|work

Mariam was sitting on dining table filling one important college form. She completed the entire form but stopped at the spot which asked for parents signature.

Just a little column full filled her eyes she suddenly remembered her mother and it made her eyes mist. She went back to the days when Rahila used to sign her forms.

Mariam has never seen her parents. She cannot even remember their faces it was always her grandmother until Rahila came into the picture.

She never had that kind of love before and now she was suddenly missing it so much.

"Arey!!" A voice broke her out of her trance as she gasped when she found out her form getting wet by her tears.

Saalar quickly picked up the form and glanced at it. The form didn't worry him but his sister who was crying did.

"Mimi?" He asked gently.

Mariam looked at him and wiped his tears.

"Kia hua?" Saalar asked.

Mariam shook her head.

"Kuch nahi." She said.

Saalar doesn't want to press it he knows things can be overwhelming at times. He glanced back at the form and looked at Mariam.

"Lao pen do." He pick up the pen from table and very casually signed it.

"Here." He offered it back to Mariam.

Seeing signature on parents column again full filled her eyes but this time in happiness. She was fool to think that she has become an orphan now.

"Mariam." Saalar's commanding voice broke her stance.

She turned aside and found her sitting beside her.

"Ji?" She replied.

"Kyu rorahi ho?" Saalar asked.

"Aise hi." She replied.

"Mariam! I want you to forgive me. Mene raat me jo bhi bola bacha I didn't mean it. you are my sister and you have every right to question me. Me bas zara pareshan hota ha I take it all out mere bhai bhi mujhse dur rehte ha. Thank you for looking out for me I promise I will do better next time." Saalar's words weren't soft they never are but they felt like a warm blanket.

Mariam had no idea this was disturbing her but after he said these words she felt light very light. She smiled big and nodded.

"Aise roya nahi kro koi bhi baat ho please come to me. I promise I am never too busy for my family." Saalar said and Mariam choked up with tears.

"Arey arey kia hogaya?" Saalar panicked he was never good with coddling.

Mariam smiled at his panic.

"Mariam tum rorahi ho ya has rahi ho? Saalar snapped.

"Kuch nahi karahi." Mariam shook her head.

"Bhaiyaa!" Saahir descended stairs and called out.

"Dining room!" Saalar yelled back.

"Bhot bhook lagrahi hai." He said to Saalar in charming tone. He was trying everything to charm him into letting him go.

"Me Zohra bi se kheti hu." Mariam said.

Saahir smiled at her. He was grateful for her.

"Thank you." He said.

"Tabiyat sahi ha?" Mariam asked.

"Abhi tak to hai lunch ke bad ka nahi pata." Saahir muttered and Saalar whacked the back of his head.

"Mu chalana band kro or baqio ko bula kar aou!" He chided.