Chapter no.21 Anger

Calling the place where the Heavenly Marks Family's heir competition was to be held a coliseum was almost laughable.

The ancient structure was more a ruin than an arena, with crumbling stones and overgrown vegetation peeking through the cracks. Its once grand arches and imposing walls now leaned precariously, as if they might collapse at any moment.

This was no majestic battleground of ancient warriors; it was a forgotten relic, barely standing, yet it was here that the family had gathered.

As all six thousand members of the Heavenly Marks Family settled into their seats, the buzz of anticipation filled the air.

In the middle of the arena, Patriarch Nie Hai took his stand, his figure casting a commanding presence against the backdrop of ancient ruins.

"Today," he began, his voice rising above the whispers, "marks a momentous occasion unlike any before. In the past, the mantle of leadership was decided in the quiet council rooms by our elders. But now, we turn a new leaf. Today, it is the valor of our youth, the strength of their spirit, and the fire in their hearts that will determine who is truly deserving to guide the destiny of our great family."

His words ignited a fire in the crowd, their cheers echoing like thunder through the arena.

The rules were straightforward: a single champion stood in the arena. Anyone who defeated this champion would take their place and rest for an hour before facing the next challenger.

"Let's welcome our champion, Nie Li. And remember, according to our bet, if he loses even once, he dies."

With those words, Nie Hai leapt back to his seat among the other elders.

The doors to Nie Li's room swung open, but no one emerged at first, prompting Nie Hai to exchange concerned looks with his fellow elders.

Then, the atmosphere shifted palpably.

A wave of bloodlust, thick and intimidating, washed over the coliseum, causing everyone to turn their heads towards its source.

Nie Li stepped out, adjusting his armor, his presence commanding an eerie silence.

No one dared mock him now; the bloodlust he emitted was palpable, a tangible pressure that seemed to promise death. Bloodlust, a trait honed through countless brushes with death, acted as a stark reminder of one's experiences.

It clung to an individual's soul force, a marker of their encounters.

What, then, did this say about Nie Li, who had faced dozens upon dozens of deaths in his dream simulation?

What about the fact that he had actually courted death in his first life?

All in all, even without knowing it, when Nie Li's emotions stirred up his soul force, the bloodlust trait would activate to form this aura of death so intense that it would put most cultivators to shame.

As Nie Li positioned himself in the center of the arena, the look in his eyes made one thing clear: he had no intention of showing mercy to anyone who dared face him.

[ Name: Nie Li ]

[ Status: Peasant ]

[ Cultivation Level: 1 star Bronze rank ]

[ Physique Level: 1 star Bronze rank ]

[ Class: Fighter, Demon Spiritualist ]

[ Race: Human ]

[ Health Points: 1000 ]

[ Soul Force: 110 ]

[ Battle Power: 2642 ]