Chapter no.24 Ceremony

As the tournament wrapped up, everyone was in a flurry, not sure of what to do next. Nobody had predicted Nie Li's victory, especially not the display of incredible power and skill he had shown.

This unexpected turn of events led the Patriarch of the Heavenly Marks Family to quickly redirect funds to organize a grand ceremony for Nie Li.

He wanted to make sure Nie Li didn't get the impression that his talents were undervalued by the family.

The whole Heavenly Marks Family was now treading carefully around Nie Li, rushing home, and within hours, Nie Li and his family found themselves buried under a mountain of gifts.

For Nie Ming and the rest, the situation felt so unbelievable they half-wondered if they were dreaming.

In all this commotion, Nie Yu found her own slice of happiness, indulging in the sweets given to her.

She was blissfully unconcerned with the reasons behind the sudden shower of gifts; to her, the joy was in the treats.

Funny how quickly tides turn.

From indifferent to hatred to overly attentive, all it took was a display of talent.

Let's see how far this goes.

This world... It's all about power, isn't it?

As Nie Li pondered, he watched his little cousin, blissfully unaware of the complexities surrounding them, a simple joy in her sweets.

"At least someone's enjoying the moment without second thoughts."

....

Nie Li found himself sitting uncomfortably in the dressing room, surrounded by servants who were bustling around him, each tasked with a specific duty.

One carefully trimmed his hair, ensuring every strand was perfectly in place, while another focused on clipping his nails, giving them a neat and tidy look.

Others took his measurements with soft tapes, whispering numbers and notes to each other, deciding on the best attire for the ceremony.

There were even a few applying mild fragrances and choosing accessories to complement his outfit.

Throughout this ordeal, Nie Li tried his best to stay cooperative, noticing the evident fear in the eyes of the servants. He understood their apprehension; after all, the sudden change in his status within the family was unexpected, and his background as a farmer's son made him unaccustomed to such pampering and attention.

The servants' nervousness mirrored his own discomfort with the situation.

To distract himself, Nie Li's focus drifted to the system window floating in front of him.

[ Player Nie Li has unlocked spell: Soul Wings ]

[ Skill: Soul Wings ]

[ Type: Active ]

[ Category: Spell ]

[ Description: Soul Wings are ethereal manifestations of one's soul force, embodying the essence of flight and freedom. ]

[ Effects: ]

  - [ Cultivation Boost: Temporarily increases the caster's cultivation stage by 2 ranks. ]

  - [ Battle Power Surge: Increases the caster's battle power by 200% for 10 minutes. ]

  - [ Blitz Assault: Grants a 25% increase in attack speed during aerial combat, exploiting the heightened battle power for devastating rapid strikes. ]