Chapter no.23 The Heavenly Marks Family Heir

Elder Nie Wei had everything planned out for the heir competition of the Heavenly Marks Family. His grandson was to enter, supported by the children of his loyal followers, all working to ensure the grandson's victory and, ultimately, Nie Wei's control over the family.

It was a perfect plan for installing a puppet leader.

But Nie Li's unexpected prowess threw a wrench into his plans.

Feeling the surge of Nie Li's soul force, Nie Wei realized his scheme was in jeopardy. However, he wasn't one to surrender easily. Rushing down to the arena, he pulled aside his most trusted subordinate, his own son Nie Xiaofeng.

"Father, what's happening?" Nie Xiaofeng inquired, confusion clear in his voice.

Nie Wei handed him a mask, the Yang Yin Mask artifact, capable of disguising one's appearance.

"Wear this and take Nie Li down under the guise of your nephew," he instructed, his voice laced with urgency.

Nie Xiaofeng hesitated, "But isn't that cheating?"

He didn't want to be part of this deception, but a stern look from his father silenced any further protest.

Reluctantly, he put on the mask, transforming his appearance to match that of his nephew.

Nie Wei barely noticed the chaos of families pleading for mercy and throwing money at Nie Li to spare their children.

He was too focused on his plan.

"Father, what do I do?" Nie Xiaofeng asked, now disguised.

"Subdue him. You're a silver rank; he's just a bronze. Knock him out, and I'll handle the rest," Nie Wei outlined the plan. "I'll then show off by pleading to Nie Hai to spare Nie Li because of the bet, getting him on our side, and I'll claim the patriarch is the reason Nie Li's family suffered, getting him to not go to the patriarch's side. It's a perfect plan."

Nie Xiaofeng asked, "You really thought of that on the fly?"

"Just stick to the plan and knock him out. Then, the Heavenly Marks Family will be within our grasp, along with its greatest talent," Nie Wei concluded with a smirk, seeing a glimmer of hope for his ambitions.

In a dramatic moment, Nie Wei shouted, "Wait!" capturing the attention of everyone in the arena.

"My grandson wishes to challenge you," he declared, pointing at Nie Li, who looked towards them with a raised eyebrow.

[ Name: Nie Xiaofeng ]

[ Status: Illegitimate Son of the Grand Elder ]

[ Cultivation Level: 1 star Silver rank ]

[ Physique Level: 3 star Bronze rank ]

[ Class: Fighter, Demon Spiritualist ]

[ Race: Human ]

[ Health Points: 3000 ]

[ Soul Force: 1210 ]

[ Battle Power: 41,993 ]

[ Class Features:

- Endless Vanguard

- Soul Manipulation ]

[ Allies: The Heavenly Marks Family ]

[ Equipment: ]

- [ Yin Yang Mask ]

- [ Enchanted Armour ]

- [ Ice Blood Spear ]

[ Description: Born from an illicit relationship between Elder Nie Wei and his sister Nie Beihe, due to the laws of the family, they were separated, and after giving birth, Nie Beihe committed suicide. Elder Nie Wei used her suicide to make Nie Xiaofeng loyal to him under the promise that they are going to change the Heavenly Marks Family for the better. Nie Xiaofeng always goes along with the plans of his father. ]