Chapter 45

3/28/24  

guys... i just got into a car crash literally 30 minutes ago 💀💀

-

The next day

Y/N POV:

"I never want to let you go again." Billie says holding me while I comb through her hair.

I chuckle a little then wince in pain. That makes Billie flinch and lets go of me.

"Are you okay?" She looks at me with a worried face. 

I nod my head and press the button the nurse gave me to inject the pain medication, so I won't feel anything.

I noticed that Billie didn't lay back down.

"Baby, lay down." I said slowly pulling her down.

"I don't want to hurt you..." she says getting back up and off the hospital bed.

Then there was a silence. It feels off between us. Or at least I feel off. Maybe its just the meds.

"I was scared." I finally said.

"So was I. What if it happened to you on a different day?"

"what do you mean?" 

"What if I was never there at all? What if you stayed home with me? Would you not be in the hospital? If you had changed anything, would you not have survive?"

She started going on a panic rant and I grab her face to make her look at me when she started to tic.

"Billie look at me... I'm alive, okay? Say it with me."

"You're alive"

"You're alive."

"You're alive."

I gave her a kiss on her forehead, and I pulled her back onto the hospital bed to lay with me.

"Do you even remember calling me?" She said quietly.

I let out a deep breath trying to remember my accident.

"I uhh no. I don't remember."

"That was probably one of the worse phone call I have ever gotten." 

"I'm so sorry Billie. I should have never dragged you into my mess. You don't deserve this." I said putting my head back on the pillow.

"Y/n, I let you go once, when we were little. I thought that you were going to come back the next day. Then you never showed up. I have many regrets in my life, but my biggest one is letting you go. When we found each other again, I promised to myself that would never let you go again. I broke my own promise. I swear to you y/n, I'll never let you go again." Billie said sitting up to look at me.

"Billie... I love you." I putting my hand to her face to hold her cheek.

"I love you too y/n."

"I love you always." I said and gave her a kiss.

This kiss was a different type of kiss. There was meaning behind it, love. I love this girl my whole life. When I was little, to when I was older, to now. She has never left my mind. She has a special place in my heart. I'll do anything to protect her, even if that means killing anyone. I'll do it.

She pulled away from me first making me want more and she just smiles at me.

And every time she does that, she makes my heartbeat so fast. Of course, I never tell her that because well then, she'll abuse that power she'll have.