•chapter 3•

The loud beeping of your alarm jerked you awake from your slumber. It read 0730.

Groaning, you push yourself up from the bed with your hands, your back and neck aching from the crash yesterday. You suck in a breath before swinging your legs over the side of the bed. You tilt your head to try and relieve the tightness in your neck.

You were surprised. You thought you wouldn't be able to move, but the pain isn't as bad as you expected.

You slip out of your track pants before replacing them with the black trousers the crew of Star Killer had left out for you. You slowly bend down to pull on your boots, lacing them up in a double knot. You grasped one of the crutches to help pull you out of the warm bed, before making your way over to the small sink to brush your teeth and fix your hair.

You built up the courage to peer at your reflection in the small mirror hanging above the sink.

Your stitches above your eyebrow were raw and swollen, but luckily no blood or pus was leaking from the wound. The split in your bottom lip had scabbed over, but if you smiled hard enough it'd split open again. You peered at the blackening bruise that encased your right eye.

You look like shit.

You pull the collar of your t-shirt down, gazing at the numerous sutures and bruises that battered your body. You let out a sigh before pulling your hair into a pony tail and making your way out of your quarters.

There were already crowds of crew marching up and down the hallways, the constant chatter filling the cold empty air.

You hobble down the hallway towards the med-bay, exchanging quick glances at the crew who bothered to acknowledge your presence.

As the doors hissed open, you spotted Lexa tending to one of the crew, fiddling with the IV bags beside his bed. As she finished up, she spotted you before smiling and making her way over towards you. Her dark hair cascade around her shoulders, framing her pretty olive face, her green eyes glinting as she stands in front of you.

"How are you feeling this morning?' she tilted her head.

"Yeah look, I've had better days, but I'm alive I guess," you shrug, your neck starting to ache again "Do you wanna show me where this General Hux is stationed?" you smiled, even though you really weren't looking forward to working on Star Killer. You needed to be back on the Tantive IV. You already miss seeing Princess Leia each morning.

"Follow me," she walked passed you. You spun around slowly on your crutches as they dug into the underside of your arms to follow her. "and I'd suggest if Commander Ren is with him to keep your head down and your mouth shut, just a warning. He's not a morning person."

You couldn't help but let out an obnoxious laugh.

Kylo Ren isn't a morning person? Figures.

"He seems the type that doesn't enjoy anything in life," you rolled your eyes.

After five minutes or so of struggling down long hallways, you finally reached General Hux's office. "Let me do the whole talking thing," Lexa glances at you.

You nod your head before following her inside, the doors hissing open, revealing a tall pale man, dressed in all black clothing. His bright orange hair was shining underneath the white hue of the LEDs. He was talking to another tall man dressed in almost the exact same clothing.

You shivered when you heard the familiar static. General Hux was talking to Kylo Ren.

"You need to organise your men better, General," Kylo's voice was deep, menacing. "You and your men do nothing but disappoint me," his hands balled into fists, the black leather catching the white hue.