•chapter 30•

You were in the Silencer on Ahch-To.

You could feel Kylo's anger radiating off him. It was making you feel uneasy.

You tried your best to keep him in your sights as you circled the mountain, being sure to take down the X-Wings that threatened yours or Kylo's safety.

You wanted nothing more than to be down there with him. But you had nowhere to land. Besides, you would've been more help in the air.

An X-Wing fell in line behind you, and you quickly manoeuvred out of the way when it fired its laser cannons at you. You managed to fall in behind them and repeat the same manoeuvre, taking them down effortlessly.

You could remember how sick you felt, you were nervous. You had a feeling something was wrong. You just didn't know what it was.

When you circled back around to where Kylo was, you saw Luke standing before him with his saber ignited.

Dread pooled in your gut as you watched Kylo strike at him.

To your surprise, Hux popped up in front of you in the small hologram transmitter.

"Ah, Supreme Leader," he smirked. "How are you liking the new ship?"

You frowned. "It's great, thank you." You said, still circling around the mountain.

"Good, good." Hux said. "It pains me to have to do this, Princess. But it's only so we all have a better chance." He sighed.

"What do you mean? A better chance at what?"

He smiled. "Taking down Kylo Ren. With you gone, he'll be nothing." He pulled a small remote from his pocket. "Thank you for your service." He said, before he pressed a button.

In that moment, the Silencer shuddered violently. When you went to pull the Silencer up, the ion engine to your right exploded into flames.

Your breath hitched in your throat as you tried pulling the Silencer up, but with the speed you were flying at, you had no chance.

Only two things flashed through your mind before you crashed.

Kylo.

And your baby.

You woke with a start.

You were covered in sweat and your breathing was coming in quick gasps.

It took you a minute to realise where you were, but when Kylo nuzzled his head against your chest, it started to calm you. He was still there. You were still there.

He was fast asleep. His chest rose against your abdomen in heavy, even breaths.

You, on the other hand, were wide awake. The dream you had just woke from kept playing on in your mind. But you weren't sure if it was a dream, or a memory replaying in your head.

You spotted Kylo's clock and it read 0300.

You swallowed thickly and gently unwrapped yourself from Kylo. The two of you hadn't moved from the position that you both fell asleep in.

You were careful not to wake him as you slipped out of his grip. As you got out of bed, the cool air hit your skin, sending shivers up your spine. You turned to look down at Kylo.

He looked so peaceful as he slept on his side. His lips were parted slightly and his hair hung over his eyes. The moonlight shining through the large window lit up his pale skin. Scars littered his skin, and you were glad to see your bandaging had remained in place.

He looked so beautiful.

You turned away from him and made your way over to the floor-to-ceiling window. You watched as snow began to fall over Starkiller. From Kylo's window, you could see the lights from the weaponry scattered throughout the snowy terrain, as well as the dense forest. Even though it was pitch black, the moon managed to light everything up.