•chapter 26•

A whole week had passed since you last saw Kylo.

In that week you cried, a lot, as well as take the time to rest and heal from your injuries. The pain wasn't as bad as it had been, instead it was reduced to an annoying niggling ache all over. The pain in your ribs didn't cripple you anymore.

You had asked Lexa multiple times about terminating your pregnancy, and she would always give you the same answer.

"Not until you're fully healed."

You stayed in your quarters, opting to have food delivered to you rather than walk through the halls. Besides, as Supreme Leader you thought it was better to have guards deliver your food.

Although the physical pain was slowly subsiding, the emotional pain was still there. Still raw. Every time you thought of Kylo your breath would catch in your throat and suffocate you, and tears would soon follow.

You couldn't trust him like you used to. Not anymore.

You knew he was hurting when he left, you had never seen his face fall so quickly. You knew you were pushing him over the edge, and it would only be a matter of time before he snapped. And as always, he did.

Now, you were staring at him from the opposite end of the table during a meeting. Each chair was taken by an Imperial, and you noticed how both Hux and Pryde's eyes were glued to the both of you.

Kylo stood at the other end of the table, his helmet upon his shoulders, and those dark voids were peering into your soul. You tried your best to ignore it.

"Such a shame to see you share a scar along with Ren, now." Hux said, a frown plastered on his pasty white face. You knew he was mocking you. Ever since you kissed him to get back at Kylo he had been back to his old self, berating you, and making your life miserable. Normally, Kylo had that job. "What happened to Supreme Leader Snoke," Hux clipped, his eyes meeting yours for a brief moment. "It was a terrible, terrible, occurrence."

You swallowed thickly, your eyes cast to your lap. It was only a matter of time before this was all brought up.

"Indeed," Kylo's voice was distant, and it made your skin crawl.

"How did it happen, exactly?" Hux's eyes glanced to you once more.

You knew you couldn't avoid the confrontation. You cleared your throat and met his eyes. "It was an accident," you thanked the Gods that your voice didn't fail you. "My grandfather wanted me to..." you glanced at Kylo, remembering how you had your saber pointed at his skull. "He wanted me to kill Kylo, complete my training," you swallowed again, this time the nausea was starting to kick in.

Fucking kids.

"And?" This time, Pryde chipped in, his blue eyes scanning your face.

"He wanted me to use the Force and demonstrate my skills. But I still struggle with some things. I ignited Rey's saber on accident, and then his guards attacked us—"

"This sounds a little suspicious, don't you think?" Hux jutted his chin out and scanned the table, the Imperials weren't so sure if you were telling the truth. "Pardon me, Supreme Leader, but you technically still are a prisoner on this ship. How do we know this wasn't some act of revenge?"

You scoffed. "I lead the Resistance to their death, I lead them to D'Qar to have them obliterated. And you still question my loyalty to the First Order?" You didn't mean to raise your voice. "And trust me, it wouldn't be my grandfather I'd kill for revenge." Your eyes locked with Kylo's dark voids once again.

He knew exactly what you meant.

His gloved hands gripped the edge of the table and you watched as a heavy sigh left him. "Anything else you would like clarified, General Hux?" His helmet tilted ever so slightly in Hux's direction.