•chapter 16•

Warning: this chapter will be pretty smut heavy and will contain some blood play, so if you're not into that, please don't read. But I know most of us rats aren't phased by much

"She is strong with the Force, Leia," Rey dabbed an alcohol swab at her wounds. "Kylo, on the other hand, he's weak."

Luke shifted at the table. "I've felt it too, there's been a shift in him." He scratched his untamed beard, gazing at Leia, who had been silent the whole meeting. "It has to do with that girl."

Rey stood and threw the bloody swab into a small bin. "It's almost as if she's sucking the life out of him,"

"No," Leia shook her head. "He's finding himself again," she swallowed. "It's like she's sucked the darkness out of him, and now it's inside her."

There was no doubt Kylo Ren was still a mass murderer. He would obliterate a town of children if it meant he was any closer to dominating the galaxy and bringing down the Resistance. But there had been a shift inside him, although small, it was noticeable, especially to his mother.

"Her strength is unbelievable," Rey shook her head. "Not knowing how to harness her powers properly makes her all the more dangerous."

Luke shook his head. "Ben has been training her. She knows what she's doing. Her strength comes from Snoke."

"Her strength comes from him as well," Leia's hand trembled. "That girl, she didn't listen to me."

Her mind wandered to when you had left the Tantive IV, how she told you to stay away from Kylo Ren as best you could. But that didn't happen.

"This could be an advantage to us, Leia," Rey paced back and forth, rotating the hilt of her saber in her hand. "If there's a shift in Ben, we could take him down-"

"That's going to be hard with her standing in our way," Finn sat down, lazily leaning back and resting his feet on the table. "She's like a wild animal when it comes to him,"

Leia swallowed. "I can feel their connection. It's strong." She closed her eyes. "They're in love and they don't even know it yet." She shook her head again.

"I'm going to kill her," Rey hissed as she ignited her saber, still twisting and rotating it in the air. "Then I'm going to kill him. With her gone, he'll be so weak."

"You keep forgetting you're talking about her son," Luke raised an eyebrow. "And my nephew."

She rolled her eyes for a brief second. "You know you can't turn him. I've already tried that, and he nearly killed me." She sat down, disarming Anikan's lightsaber.

"I know what my son has done," Leia's eyes watered. "And we cant take any of it back. It won't bring Han back. But we can only try."

"Try what, Leia? He's a lost cause."

Leia glanced around the room, her tired eyes falling onto Rey, one last time.

"Try again."

+++++

"Get off me,"

"No, not until you eat something," you huffed, straddling Kylo's lap and holding half a sandwich under his nose. You had been butting heads with him ever since he was discharged from the med-bay an hour ago. He had been in there for a few days.

You were still onboard the Finalizer, apparently the First Order still had some unfinished business. They were heading to some other unsuspecting planet. You didn't pay attention to Hux's rambling at a meeting. All you knew was they were going to obliterate it.

"I told you what I wanted to eat," he smacked the sandwich from your hand and crossed his arms, but you were quick to catch it with the Force. The sandwich hovered above the bed, little crumbs falling onto the bedsheets.