Chapter 25 - Masterpiece!

Justine was shocked to see the young man before him. Her friend had changed into a completely different person and would have passed him if she didn't take the moment to inspect his face.

It wasn't a heaven defying change that would entice everyone immediately but was still a noticeable change that surprised her.

He never had an unpleasant face, rather it was unnoticeable and average that the change popped up like a sore thumb especially to people that know him.

Even for her solid hardened heart started to sway seeing his face. She may act tomboy and like wearing male clothes doesn't mean her attraction was for women. Justine finds it much better to wear male clothes than female ones.

Ryuu seeing her reaction made him smirk and understably made her stunned by his change. It had boosted his self esteem quite a bit especially when people took quick glance.

"Yeah it's me. Oh come stop looking at me like that or you'll make me blush."

He jokingly said taking Justine out of her stupor before turning around then gave a strong punch to his shoulder that didn't faze him.

"You jerk! What happened the last time I saw you!!?"

She said, taken back that her punch hadn't hurt him even a bit. Ryuu may be strong for an average teen who has been in a few fights and trained with Justine yet it shouldn't be possible for him to shake off a punch like that.

"Santa Clause visited me and gave me some shit no biggy."

Ryuu shrugged it off as if a normal occurrence that made Justine frustrated that he was teasing her and tried to punch him in the face but he just leaned to the side dodging her fist.

This caught her by surprise yet again but quickly used her other fist to attack. However, Ryuu's new enhanced reflexes immediately caught it while giving a slight smirk.

"Come on, no need to harm my new pretty face." His action annoyed Justine but slightly blush seeing his face.

"Tch. Keep your secret then. Anyway, let's go grab lunch first. You're paying right?" Ryuu let go of her fist while he shrugged his shoulders.

"Yeah yeah,  I will, My Princess"

She blushed from his words and confused why her face was heating up when it never happened before when he teased her.

'The hell am I flustered for?'

Justine does have feelings for him due the amount of time they were together but she normally shrugs off his teasing and now was beet red from a simple phrase. She shook her head trying to compose herself.

"Where do you want to go? I was planning on going to Jollibee but it's your call."

Ryuu said craving for some of the meals from his favorite fast food restaurants held a special part in his childhood. It was the place where his parents and brother spent their holidays. However, he shrugged it off and wanted his friend's opinion.

"A-Ah? Well I was craving some pizza." She cursed herself for stuttering.

"Pizza for lunch? Really? Here I thought I'm being unhealthy." Ryuu blankly looked at her.

"Hahaha like fast food could be any better?" She sarcastically said.

"Touché. Alright but which Pizza joint though?" Ryuu asked.

"Let's just head inside and see the line first knowing that Christmas is around the corner."

It was the season of Christmas where people are extremely active in spending their money and time. Furthermore, the academic break gave students time to be free from schools.