Chapter 31 - Meeting the Hashiras

Their gaze was fixed into the young man standing that had a stoic face unfazed by their gaze. He did the same looking at each of them feeling overwhelmed by their presences.

For Ryuu, they were nothing but fictional people but now everyone was real. He always considers that defining what is real would be the most ignorant thing.

In every history people doubt the possibility of flight but eventually proven to be true. Though, the scenario was completely different is still a factor to consider.

"Is this the informant you spoke of?"

He turned his gaze to a young adolescent of tall stature and athletic build. He seems to exude an air of great optimism about him, having an enthusiastic smile plastered on his face nearly all the time.

He had long bright yellow hair with red streaks akin to flames along with two shoulder-length bangs and two chin-length bangs on the side of his head, black forked eyebrows, and golden eyes that faded to red with white pupils.

This man who Ryuu gave his utmost respect for the action that he was able to do that few would even last for a second.

"Greetings! I'm Kyojuro Rengoku, it's an honor to meet you!"

He spoke loud and enthusiastic that the other felt annoyed but respected him enough to not voice it.

"You shouldn't speak too casually. We have yet to know if he is truly to be trusted or not."

The one who spoke was a fairly muscular man of short stature and a pale complexion. He has straight-edged black hair of varying lengths, the longest reaching down to his shoulders and the shortest stopping at his cheekbones, which he wears down with two shorter strands hanging between his eyes. His eyes are almond-shaped and tilt upwards on the far sides, and heterochromia with his right eye is yellow and his left eye is turquoise.

"I have to agree, he seems to boldly claim that those pesky demons are strong enough to kill us all!?"

Ryuu heard an annoying voice that made him recall those he had beaten up when he was younger. It was a tall and muscular man with spiky long white hair and large pale purple eyes. His face and body are covered with scars and wearing a crazed expression on his face.

"Don't act too rashly or it will cause unforeseen problems."

Ryuu ignored him and turned his gaze to a tall young man of muscular stature and pale complexion, who is almost always seen wearing a serious and emotionless expression.

He has unruly black hair of uneven lengths that sticks up in tufts around his head, which he wears tied back in a low messy ponytail at the base of his neck.

His bangs fall over his eyes in an uneven fringe. His eyes are sharp and moderately large, their irises a deep sapphire that fades to a lighter blue and their pupils a bluish-black, and are framed by thin eyebrows.

"....."

His gaze caught a glimpse of a short, muscular young man of light complexion with long, straight hair of a black color that fades to mint green as it approaches his waist.

He wears his hair loose with two clumps protruding slightly from each side of his head, a set of marginally shorter hair left down to frame his face, and unruly bangs over his forehead. He also possesses large, empty-looking mint-green eyes.

"I think we can trust him since Kochou-san believes in him."

Said by a curvaceous young woman of average height and muscular build with a slightly pale complexion and round, pale green eyes with long eyelashes, a small beauty mark beneath each of them.