Chapter 38 - Future?

Ryuu sat down while trying his best to calm himself. It was difficult to do so when the person behind was a beautiful naked woman.

Shinobu had been persistent in washing his back which was quite meaningful as it shows you trust the person washing your back.

Though, he was unsure if it was the meaning of doing such action but couldn't deny how mesmerizing the feeling was. Ryuu kept his gaze fixated on the dazzling star that is rarely seen in his world.

"Once everything is over, what do you plan on doing, Shinobu?"

Ryuu knew that her purpose in life was to end all demons and finally vanquished the terror of the night. He knew that it was meaningless since humans are much more of a demon than actual demons as they are human yet kill their fellow humans.

He sounded hypocrites when he was not one who bat an eye killing a human even if that person is a criminal. Ryuu is fortunate that the [ Gluttony ] protects him from guilt and remorse.

As long as it treats the enemy as a monster then he wouldn't feel anything but if it's an innocent or just thug then the story is completely different.

Shinobu heard her question and started to ponder. She had lived in the pursuit of ending the Demons and finally stopping the endless cycle of spilling innocent blood. By the end, she could leave the chat group since it's meaningless.

"I-I don't know…."

This causes an inner turmoil for her questioning what will do by the end of her journey. Ryuu didn't need to turn to know what expression flustered in her face.

"What did you want when you were younger then? Before the Demon shenanigans?? For me I want to get stronger and protect my family while also enjoying life to the fullest."

Ryuu knew it sounded cliche but that's the only way for him to feel assured that nothing is going to happen to his family especially when his world actually had a supernatural world.

"But that's still far in the future. You have a lot of time to think about it. Maybe you could come to my world after this is over." Ryuu said to her, trying to ease her mind.

"That sounds exciting."

Shinobu responded, finding herself trying to see what she wanted after everything was over. Ryuu was then shocked when he felt something pressed against his back and arms wrapped around him.

"I want to see what your world is like and maybe introduce me to your parents." Shinobu surprised Ryuu with her words.

"Eh you're making it sound like you're my lover?" He awkwardly smiled at her.

"What if I am?"

Ryuu was silent hearing something unbelievable coming from Shinobu, baffled that she would say that and tried to wreck his mind knowing it was too surreal. He shook his head thinking she was only feeling obligated to repay him for helping her show the future.

"That's…I think you're just feeling that you need to repay me for helping me but you don't to-"

Ryuu tried to reason with her thinking she was making a mistake. He even forgot that he needed to make a harem because he was focused on Shinobu's feelings.

"Of course not, I was just to know more about you that's all." Shinobu reassured him.

"Then would you change how you feel if I told you I've already had someone?"

Shinobu paused for a moment before giggling, which only left Ryuu confused as to why she was laughing rather than feeling disappointed.

He could never understand a woman and was lucky that Justine acted like a boy but even then he was still confused at times.