Chapter 90 - Is this still Magic

Ryuu arrived at Justine hoping only to see her mother in the front door smiling at him as he arrived. He smiled back wondering why she was smiling rather differently.

"Has she confessed to you?"

"How can you tell?"

He didn't deny since there's no point and already passed all the drama, only asked her a question and the most effective way when dodging a question.

"Well she was squealing when she came back."

This made him chuckle imagining her girly squeal and rolling on her bed. Ryuu expected her to remain angry or in an inner turmoil but glad she wasn't. Justine's mother, Rhea, warmly smiled seeing his reaction.

"I must congratulate you as her mother but remember to not break her heart."

'Well I failed that one.'

He thought inwardly but shook that feeling since it's already in the past and simply needed to focus on the present.

"Well, I trust you enough, Ryuu since she grew up with you but I've been wondering why do you look….rather mature?"

Rhea commented that despite his face, the old one couldn't hide how he presented himself. It was difficult to describe but he appears to have experienced many kinds of things.

Even more was his eyes that were more serious and sharp than before. Ryuu always had bore expression but now it was like a blade prepared to slice anything

"Oh that, Don't tell anyone but I won the lottery a week ago and got a mansion with millions of pesos."

She looked at him shocked knowing how Ryuu isn't someone who likes to lie unless they are strangers. Ryuu took out his phone and showed the mansion, making her eyes grow wider.

"T-This is unbelievable!? Have you told your parents?"

"Of course but they refuse to stay and retire like I told them."

"Congratulations! Well now I don't mind my daughter being with you."

He flinched wanting to tell the truth but annoyed and buried the guilt and pain for now.

"Anyway, I'm here to invite Justine to breakfast with me."

"Oh hold on."

"Alright, I'll wait here if you don't mind."

She nodded and went inside as Ryuu listened to his phone for some song. Many wonder where Justine's brother is? The answer is most of them are working jobs overseas with two in the Philippines working as soldiers.

Ryuu only hoped he didn't die when they found out about everything. Though, he doubted he'd actually die where as long as there's a single cell living then he could eventually regenerate but it would take a long time to do and thankfully could speed up by consuming biomass.

His virtually unkillable as long his not vaporize or his soul damage. He really wishes to gain [ Long distance control ] and [ Abyss ] to become physically unkillable. Soon Justine arrives seeing Ryuu smiling at her.

"Hope you didn't wait long!"

"Nah, you're right on time. Have you eaten yet?"

"I was about to but I'm glad I haven't."

"Alright, let's go."

Ryuu took her to the Dimensional Room where everyone was waiting and set the dining table. Justine noticed two things, Tanjiro with two women that she recognized as Kanao and Aoi.

"Your name is…Tanjiro right?"

"Ah yes, are you Ryuu-Nii's first love? He always mentions you when we're training. Oh right, I'm Tanjiro Kamado and this is my lover."