Chapter 45 - Dimensional Training Room

Ryuu didn't mind telling the partial truth to Kanae knowing it was better to tell some of it since she would feel some distrust and question how she was able to come back to life. He used his [ Byakugan ] to analyze her body to see if there was any problem but none whatsoever.

It was safe to say that she appeared that her death never happened and could see her vitality. Ryuu ponders if she is still able to perform Total Concentration Breathing after a few years of being dead.

"Another world? I would consider you've brought me back to life but I'm curious if you're Kami?"

Ryuu already expected her to quickly believe him but he was taken aback by her question then realized where the question was coming from.

"No, I'm still human or I think I am?"

He is unsure if his actions still consider him a human after drinking blood and slaughtering humans. Shinobu was confused and slightly worried by what he said while Kanae was curious what he meant.

"What do you mean you think you're human?"

Shinobu was a bit scared that his lover would lose his humanity but wouldn't care if he happened to be a different race. He had done so much for her that it was the least she could accept who he was or rather what he was.

Ryuu saw Shinobu staring at him with a glimpse of fear hidden by her eyes and quickly caressed her hair that made Kanae giggled at his sweet action and calm Shinobu down.

"Well, I killed humans without flinching and drank their blood but I do find Demon taste to be better than human."

He honestly answered wanting to see if she would still remain by his side or fear that he was a cold hearted monster. Ryuu didn't mind having second thoughts as he would respect it.

However, there is no turning back after what he had done and only needed to move forward to protect himself and the people he loved. It sounded cliche but what would be the point of getting stronger if you're alone.

Kanae judged his character and by his honesty towards Shinobu showed that he cared for his opinion.

"I would understand if I started to have doubts-" Before he could finish, Shinobu interrupted him.

"We're the people you've killed bad people?"

Ryuu heard her ask, looking straight into his eyes. He only nodded not wanting to further explain himself considering it would be useless. However, his eyes lit up when Shinobu gave him a kiss on the lips that surprised Kanae by her sister's bold action.

"Ara~ don't mind me being here."

Kanae found it amusing how much things had changed after her death. Her sister had matured yet still had the straightforward personality unaware that it was only recently that she had changed to who she was today.

"I know you won't hurt anyone innocent. So long as you do it for others in order to protect the innocent then you're still a human to me."

Ryuu smiled hearing her words, nodding that he would surely not change his view in life. He is heartless to his enemy and gentle to those important to him. A rather cliche thing but that is better than being an emo edge lord or selfish character.

"Can you tell what reason you drink blood? Is it necessary for you to survive?" Shinobu asked him.

"If it's necessary then I don't mind giving you some of my blood?"

Kanae suggested since she felt that it was her life to Ryuu but he only shook his head. 

"Thank you for the offer, Kanae-san but it is not necessarily that I need blood to survive, rather it's more like drinking alcohol or even smoking."