Chapter 103 - Date 2

After notice Ryuu's intent gaze felt out of place as she was uncomfortable wearing the clothes. It's been a long time since she ever considered wearing normal clothes after being given the job of being the Lakan that she frantically didn't want but the responsibility anyway.

When she had taken a test to be the Lakan, Trese was trapped in nearly a few hundred mental years where she actually spent nearly 5 years. Therefore, her personality and ways of life change.

She hadn't been able to have the opportunity to even shop clothes for herself and never thought to start having a relationship with a man. Trese always thought that she'd end up dying in her line of work.

"Does it look bad? I haven't worn these kinds of clothes for a while now and.."

"No, you look beautiful but if you feel uncomfortable then I don't mind you wearing what makes you happy."

Trese smiled for his consideration and genuinely didn't want someone who Ryuu liked to do something they were not fond of.

He could see that he was a bit anxious with her skin more exposed than before. However, Ryuu couldn't deny her appearance was rather renticing to look at.

"Thank you, Ryuu and I don't mind wearing this since it's just that I'm not used to it yet. Maybe it will take some time to get used to it."

"If you say so. Then let's go."

The two then headed their way to start the date. At first , Ryuu planned to bring her to some resort but knowing she canceled the idea and opted to just go on a nearby short line. It was enough for a sight to see.

For now they headed to the aquarium park looking at the sea creature that slightly fascinates Trese. Her expression slowly turned sad upon looking at the fish in their aquarium.

"Are you alright? You seem troubled again."

"I'm fine…it's just that is it okay for me to be happy?"

Ryuu looked at her confused eyes and only smiled softly before petting her head to calm the woman who needed someone to lean on which was why he placed her into his shoulder.

"Let me guess…you're troubled about the lives lost as you enjoy your life?"

"....am I that obvious."

"No, I just know you're too kind to think about others before yourself."

He could feel that she was the typical protagonist, the child of Prophecy that made Ryuu frown how foolish the world relies on one person when they are well capable of standing on their own.

"You are thinking too hard…remember you're just one person and the world doesn't owe you anything."

"....it still hurts knowing people are dying…"

"Alexandra…"

Ryuu said her name, getting the attention of the young woman as he smiled softly trying to stop her from staying naive nor did he plan on making her heartless.

"You are too kind, I'm not telling you to abandon your responsibility but try to live more freely and happily. Remember, you're not alone anymore since I'll happily be there for you even if you choose to only be my friend."

With his words made Trese smile even more than before finally having someone that she can share her burden with. Her feelings only grew even more from his words alone.

She realized how her mind had been far too self centered thinking she's alone in this world after her father died but now understands she's not the only one protecting humanity.