Chapter 44 - I'm motivated

Shinobu couldn't believe that she was embracing her sister who had died a few years ago. She couldn't help but cry her heart out letting go of every pain that she had been carrying. Ryuu stood silently letting them have their moment pondering if he would be the same embracing his brother.

Meanwhile, Kanae warmly smiled looking at her little sister while patting her head. She was confused how it was possible for her to be alive when her memories clearly recall being in her sister's embrace before a warm light shine afterwards woke up to see her sister and a young man standing beside him.

Ryuu saw her curiously looking at him before blushing seeing that she was naked and quickly removed his yukata as a way to cover her.  He smoothly caught the heart of Kanae who looked at him drawn to his air.

"Here use this since you're currently naked. I'll let you two alone and oh yeah, Shinobu uses this to change her appearance since it would be troublesome if someone saw her alive."

He took out the [ Change Appearance Ticket ] giving it to Shinobu who nodded before going to her leaving quarter letting the two bond.

Ryuu didn't want to ruin their reunion by standing around or even interrupting them like a certain fanfic mc dumbass. Furthermore, he still had to test the reward of his recent mission.

"Who was that handsome young man, Shinobu? Is he your lover?" Kanae asked her sister.

"A matter of fact, Yes he is, Onee-san."

Kanae heard her sister's give a sweet smile, finding that despite her death Shinobu was able to live the way she wanted and not be burdened by her death. Shinobu helped her stand up and fortunately the [ Revival Stone ] allowed the person to be at their peak condition.

"Tell me, Shinobu. How did I come back ro life and what happened after I died?" Kanae was confused at the whole ordeal.

"Before that let's change your looks and give you some clothes."

She nodded as Shinobu took her to their room where Kanae was able to wear her old uniform that fit perfectly. Kanae saw her sister smiling that real as she was finally unshackled by everything.

Shinobu used the ticket that was simple enough, changing her sister's appearance enough that none would recognize her. Few minutes later sat down to explain everything upon her death.

"After your death, I have developed my breathing form and became the Insect Hashira." Shinobu said to her.

"Ara~ that's an amazing thing to do and I'm glad that you've attained such a position. How about Kanao? How is she?" Kanae was surprised by all the best things that happened.

"She's fine but currently studying your breathing form." She quickly answered

"Has she finally been able to decide on her own?"

Kanae asked, recalling that Kanao had been unable to make a decision for herself and used a coin to decide what action he would do. Shinobu downcast and shook her head.

"Unfortunately, she hasn't changed one bit."

This caused her sister to frown worried about their adopted sister and her well being. However, Kanae quickly changed her mood and tried to brighten the mood.

"Then who is the current Hashira? Is Oyakata-sama doing well?" Kanae asked.

"Oyakata-sama had been well and recently got healed by a new medicine while the Hashira still hadn't changed beside Ryuu-kun being a new Hashira." Shinobu said with a hint of pride for her lover.

"Ara~ you really sound intimate with that young boy? How did you two meet?"

Shinobu smiled and happily told their meeting showing how much of an impact that Ryuu had made for him. Reviving Kanae was the final force that pushed her to have a committed relationship together.