Pranks (2)

Party Gag

My wife is known on the block for her excellent hors d'oeuvres. One April 1st it was our job to bring hors d'oeuvres to a block party. My wife made spiced oranges, strawberry shortcake, and chocolate covered fruit. Actually, the oranges were covered in chili powder, the shortcake topping was hot salsa, and the "fruit" under the chocolate was garlic!

-kk3

Daylight Spending Time

When I was in junior high school my mother played a

good trick on my father. She was always an early

riser (as in 5:00 a.m.). My father had to get up at

7:00 for work. She went around the house and set all

the clocks to 9:25 or so, then ran frantically into

his room, and woke him up yelling "John! John! You

overslept!" He was just about out the door before she

broke down and let him in on the joke.

Bob B.

Ooops, Guess What

We lived together for a short time before we were married. One morning I woke to find a note on the couch. My not-yet-wife had already left for work. The note explained that something had been weighing heavily on her mind. She wrote that she didn't know how to confront me face-to-face, because she couldn't predict my reaction. She informed me that, as she suspected, she was indeed pregnant.

Pregnant?! Woah, um, wow. I sat back on the couch, and thought about this for awhile. We'd never really talked about kids, and had only been engaged for a short time. I was pretty nervous, but was just about to call her saying how this was great news, when I noticed the small print: Continued on Back

On the opposite side it read: APRIL FOOLS!

-Steve V.

The ol' Desktop Icon Switcheroo..

In Microsoft Windows, if you press the 'Print Scrn' key on your keyboard during any application it will take an image of whatever is on screen and place it onto your clipboard. From there, you can paste it into whatever application you wish...

So here goes. When your co-worker is distracted shut down any applications they have running on their computer and capture an image of the desktop, with all of it's icons, using the Print Scrn key. Open paintbrush and click Edit-->Paste to paste the image into Paintbrush. Save the image as a bitmap, and return to their desktop. Right-click the desktop and set the Desktop wallpaper to the image you just saved. Now delete all of their desktop icons. The icons will still appear to be there, but since they're only part of the image and not really icons none of them will work. Endless hours of fun as they try to figure out what happened.

Bonus points for pulling this trick on a compter saavy person. Noone ever figures out whats going on with their computer.

-Benjamin F.

No Sense of Humor

One April Fools Day, when I was about 15 or 16, I told my mom I was pregnant. It was really funny to see her reaction, but I got in major trouble when I told her I was joking. Some people just don't appreciate a good joke...

Clare P.

In the Out Door