There's Nothing Sweeter Than a Cup of Bitter Coffee (Fifteen)

When she returned to the suite, Laura quietly closed and locked the door behind her. She moved in the direction of the bedroom with a small bag in her hand that contained the tube of cherry lip balm that Sonny had sent her to purchase from the gift shop in the lobby. Once within the room, Laura was greeted by a multitude of lit candles strategically placed around the bedroom. Soft music played from the stereo as a bottle of champagne chilled in a bucket. So this was why Sonny had been so desperate to have that lip balm. She wanted Laura out of the way while she put all of this together.

A smile slowly spreading, Laura closed the door just as Sonny emerged from the bathroom, her jaw nearly dropping to the floor when she took her in, openly staring. Sonny looked absolutely delicious to say the least as she stood about six feet away with hands planted on her hips, a sexy little grin lighting up her face.

Desire filled eyes traveled up and down Sonny's body, taking in the thigh high stockings, lace garter belts, thong panties, and a one size too small lacy bra that left little to the imagination. Well...the whole ensemble left little to the imagination. Since everything she had on was white, Sonny resembled a wanton angel. Laura grinned, her libido increasing by the second. She watched Sonny wordlessly walk up to the champagne bucket, soon selecting an ice cube. A curious eyebrow lifted, Laura wondered what she intended to do with it as her girlfriend headed toward her, still wearing that sexy grin.

"Like what you see, Laura?" Sonny seductively inquired, standing close enough to the other woman that Laura could detect a vanilla scent emanating from her body. Heavenly. Her scent was positively heavenly.

Her voice currently on the fritz, Laura responded to the question with an eager nod. Half expecting that she might be drooling, she reached up and quickly wiped the back of her hand across her mouth.

Stepping even closer, her body brushing against Laura's, Sonny's grin broadened. "Does the cat have your tongue, love?" Putting her lips against her girlfriend's ear, she heatedly whispered, "May I have it?" Before Laura could give any type of response, Sonny captured her lips in a passionate kiss. Both women softly moaned in pleasure when Sonny's tongue slipped between Laura's lips to playfully duel with her own. As she slid her tongue along her girlfriend's, Sonny's hands moved down to cup her cheeks, giving them a gentle squeeze, which caused Laura's moans to increase.

Ending the kiss, Sonny peered up into Laura's eyes. "It's been so long since we've made love. Let me make love to you tonight." Kissing Laura tenderly on the lips, Sonny brought around the hand that held the ice cube. Lightly tracing the ice cube along Laura's parted lips, she then slid it down the woman's neck as Laura softly panted. Causing more moans to escape her girlfriend, Sonny followed the wet trail that the ice cube left with her warm tongue, making tiny swirls on her way down Laura's neck. Just as Sonny began to gently nibble and suck on her neck, Laura took a couple of steps backward, running a hand through her hair in frustration.

"I'm sorry... Sonny, I can't do this." Her expression one of confusion, the golden-haired brunette allowed herself to be led over to the king-sized bed by Laura. As both women took their seats on the end of the bed, Laura turned so that she was facing Sonny. "I know that we came here to Panama City for the weekend so that we could rekindle what we once had, but it's over," she briefly paused. "We're over."

The confused expression on Sonny's face grew deeper. "What do you mean we're over? I thought everything was going well..."

Laura quickly nodded in agreement. "It has. Ever since we arrived yesterday, I've been having a great time with you, but in the back of my mind there's been this doubt that I can't get rid of no matter how hard I try to."

"What doubt?"

Laura spent the next few moments staring into saddened green eyes before she offered a reply. "The doubt that you and I aren't meant to be." As Sonny opened her mouth to say something, Laura quickly pressed two fingers to her lips. "I know." By the look on her face, she must have expected Sonny to understand what she knew, but the younger woman hadn't the faintest idea.