COFFEE: Most Important Meal of the Day (Thirty-Three)

Having dropped a grateful Danny off at his home, Jack and Sonny were now headed back to the grocery store in order to retrieve Isaac's car. During the ride there, both had been silent while lost in their respective thoughts. Glancing toward her companion, Jack broke the silence by relaying to Sonny the explanation she had given to her sisters earlier on why she was late returning home.

"However, you can tell them the truth if you want, " Jack further explained. "I just wasn't sure that you'd want everyone knowing what happened."

Sonny chuckled. "We'll just let them continue to think that I had a flat. Last thing I want is everyone at the party prodding me over the details. And knowing my dad, he'll march right down to the police station and berate them about arresting me in the first place." Resting the back of her head on the headrest, Sonny covered her mouth while yawning. "I just want to forget this night ever happened, you know? Take an eraser and wipe it from my memory bank."

"You want to forget what ever happened? Last I knew, we were discussing the weather." Jack regarded her friend with a blank expression as though she had no clue of what she spoke of.

While gazing at Jack, a smile slowly appeared on Sonny's face. Shaking her head, she reached over, squeezing the other woman's knee before forcing herself to release it. "Anyone ever tell you how cool you are, Jack?"

Jack shrugged nonchalantly. "Mostly their opinion is that I'm hot." Flashing Sonny an impish grin, she wiggled her eyebrows.

Starting to laugh, Sonny pointed in the direction of her brother's car when Jack pulled into the parking lot belonging to the grocery store where Sonny had been arrested. Driving up next to the blue Nissan, Jack shut off the ignition, turning her attention to her passenger. Though they would be reunited shortly, Jack found that she would miss Sonny during the few minutes they would be separated. Could I be anymore sprung? Surely, this woman must have put a spell on me!

Finding it a bit difficult to remove herself from the car, Sonny smiled softly. "Thank you again for helping me tonight, Jack, and for not telling anyone what happened. You've become my second best friend."

When Jack arched an eyebrow, Sonny laughed. "Second? I'm second?"

"Well, yeah. Sarah comes first."

A chuckle slipped from between Jack's lips. "Oh, yes, sweet and feisty Sarah. How is she anyway?" she inquired, trying to delay Sonny's imminent departure.

"She's doing great. I told you that she's now Hawke's songwriter, didn't I?" At Jack's nod, she added, "Sarah and I often chat on the phone or on AOL Messenger, and she told me that they're now working on Hawke's first CD. It's going terrifically, and they hope to have it out by early January."

"That's wonderful news!"

Sonny nodded. "Absolutely. Oh, and you know how CDs have titles? Sometimes it's just the artists name?"

"Yep."

"Well check this out. They've decided to name Hawke's CD Been There, Done That! They just changed the bean to been. Isn't that cool?"

Finding Sonny's enthusiasm catchy, Jack smiled broadly while eagerly nodding. "I think that's an awesome title name."

Sonny nodded in agreement. "And the name of the number one track on the CD is Been There, Done That. I downloaded a demo which Sarah sent me of the song, and it goes something like this..." Having started to sing, Sonny abruptly changed her mind. "Well, um...I'll just tell you the words--"

"No," Jack interjected. "No, I'd like to hear you sing." She gave the younger woman an encouraging smile.

"Trust me, you don't want to hear me sing." Sonny chuckled a bit nervously.