Friends Don't Let Friends Drink Bad Coffee (Twenty-Eight)

It was nearly ten o'clock when Sonny and Jack pulled up next to the two-story beach house belonging to Paul and Annette Campbell. Immediately noticing the red Honda parked next to them, Sonny informed her companion that Melanie was already there. Getting out of the car, the two women walked up to the front door, Sonny almost skipping along in her excitement. She hadn't seen her family in months and was anxious to be reunited. After they stepped on to the porch, she continuously pressed the tiny round white button next to the door, hearing the bell ring four times before she stopped pushing.

Moments later, a tall fit young man answered. After politely smiling at Jack in greeting, he gave his little sister a mock frown while folding his arms over a broad chest. "What are you trying to do, girl? Break the doorbell? No one under this roof is particularly hard of hearing."

Emitting a laugh filled with joy, Sonny threw her arms around Isaac's neck, happily screeching as he twirled her around a couple of times before setting her back down on her own two feet. Chuckling, Isaac grinned down at his younger sister. "Missed me, eh?" He looked behind her to Jack, still grinning. "What can I say? I'm her favorite brother."

Jack chuckled, watching her friend lean up on her tiptoes to give Isaac a sweet kiss on the cheek. "You're my only brother, silly." Sonny smiled at him, thoroughly glad to see him. "May we come in?"

Instead of stepping aside, he glanced over his shoulder, dramatically sighed and offered Sonny his most apologetic expression. "No, sorry I don't think so. We're kinda all booked up here at the Campbell house. Though I could give you directions to a hotel not too far from here."

Smirking, Sonny gently pushed past him while indicating for her silent friend to follow. Smiling and waving at Isaac almost shyly, Jack slipped into the house making sure to stick close to the person she had arrived with. After he closed the door, Sonny introduced her brother to Jack. The brunette shook the warm hand offered to her while looking up into a pair of green eyes, which were identical to Sonny's.

"It's nice to meet you, Jack," Isaac sincerely said, deciding not to mention anything about she and his sister having been business rivals not too long ago. He would follow that phrase just let sleeping dogs lie.

Jack smiled, liking this man already. "And good to meet you as well, Isaac."

"Is that my little sister that I hear?" asked a female voice coming from upstairs. The trio looked up to see a very pregnant blonde carefully making her way down the steps with the help of a young boy. Smiling broadly, Sonny walked toward the stairs and greeted her with a big hug once she made it to the bottom. The two women examined one another, exchanging the sweetest comments before Sonny turned to the boy standing next to her sister. Remarking that he was as tall as she was now, she pulled him into her embrace, the boy revealing a shiny set of braces when he grinned.

"Jack, this is my sister Melanie, though you know her from the picture I showed you. She's even prettier in person. And this is my hunk of a nephew Jayme." Jayme blushed as he reached out and shook Jack's hand while not being able to make full eye contact since he already had a crush on her. On first sight, he decided that she was the hottest woman he had ever seen. However, he noticed the gazes she had been bestowing on his aunt when she wasn't looking, so he knew he didn't have a snowball's chance in hell. Plus, there was the fact that he was a bit young to pique her interest.

While Jack and Melanie greeted each other, Sonny turned toward her brother inquiring the whereabouts of their parents. She didn't ask about Briana, because she knew that her younger sibling was either in a class or on her way home from one.

"Mom sent Dad and Brian to the store with a grocery list." Isaac grinned. "A long one." He then pointed toward the sliding glass doors leading outside, adding, "And she is reclining outside on the deck reading a magazine. Though with all that doorbell ringing you did, I'm surprised she didn't hear you." He smirked, heading in the direction of the deck with both his sisters and Jack following along. Jayme decided to go back upstairs since he was in the midst of playing a very important video game.