Chapter Three: Thieves of Gold

A/N

THIS IS THE RE EDITED VERSION PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT

Egon Wood ( E Gon )

Theresa Ashdown ( Tha Ris A )

Rayner Moonfall ( Ray Ner )

Pet: Bear ( Ar Es )

Ceridwen Vix ( Care A Dwhen )

Pet: Owl ( Snow )

Mali ( Mal E )

Mace Kane ( Mace )

Duzna ( Duz Na )

Vestomer ( Ves Tom Ear )

Adisa Rathmore ( A Dis A )

Salina Mortem ( Sa LI Na )

Lilith Calarook ( Lie Lith Cal A Rook )

**********************************************

Chapter Three: Thieves of Gold

Egon woke with the sun's ray turning his royal blue eyes the color of the sea with her shine. He gazed down at Theresa fast asleep on his thighs, wrapped in the woolen blanket. He grinned at her, sleeping as if she was a fallen angel. He had only known Theresa for a few hours, but as he watched her resting he felt as if he had known her for an eternity. As if he was her big brother protecting her from all earths harm.

And that's how he felt, he felt obligated to keep her safe. She had a special part in his heart, not as a lover, but as a friend. She was a stranger to him, but he felt a bond tying them together, something stronger than love.

He finally ceased surveying the girl's features and searched around for Rayner and Ceridwen. They must be on their hunt, because Ares was missing, and their pallets had disappeared.

Egon grew tired of waiting for the warriors to return with a delectable meal. But he knew he couldn't leave Theresa alone, without any form of protection. He found Rayner had left his knife at camp. Egon scooped up the blade, grabbed a piece of dead bark, and began to carve a note. He set the blade and the crumbling shell of the tree beside the sleeping beauty. He placed a light kiss on her forehead and disappeared through the thicket.

***

Rayner and Ceridwen rode, without speaking, on the back of Ares.

"Did you hear that?" Ceridwen asked, in a faint whisper, almost unable to pick up.

"Hear what?" Rayner questioned, perplexed. Ceridwen put up her finger demanding silence.

"Stop the bear!" Ceridwen muttered. Ares growled in rebuttal, he didn't take orders well unless they were from Rayner. Rayner patted the bear's neck and whispered into his ear. The bear planted himself and Ceridwen slid off the side of Ares.

She notched an arrow and began searching for her prey. Rayner, confused, sat stone like atop of Ares, hand on his hilt.

"Psst...Ceridwen...what are you-" She cut Rayner off with glare, and he knew to stop talking.

She was right, she did sense the presence of her next meal. She extended her left arm, which was clamped onto the long bow, and eased back the bow string to meet her cheek. Ceridwen Vix, expert warrior, took an extended inhale then slowly let out the oxygen. She followed her gaze down the arrow shaft and aimed toward her target. Her seaweed green eyes were piercing a hole through the animal. The huntress let the razor sharp arrow fly, it ripped through the crisp mourning arrow like a lightning bolt in a stormy rain. Thonk, straight through the deer's heart.