Chapter Eighteen: Prisons of Dirt and Wind

Egon Wood ( E Gon )

Pet: Lion Mercury ( Mer Cur Re)

Theresa Ashdown ( Tha Ris A )

Pet: Panther Nyx ( Nics )

Rayner Moonfall ( Ray Ner )

Pet: Bear Ares ( Ar Es )

Ceridwen Vix ( Care A Dwhen )

Pet: Owl Snow ( Snow )

Mali ( Mal E )

Mace Kane ( Mace )

Pet: Horse Nilas ( Neil Ass )

Duzna ( Duz Na )

Vestomer ( Ves Tom Ear )

Adisa Rathmore ( A Dis A )

Salina Mortem ( Sa LI Na )

Lilith Calarook ( Lie Lith Cal A Rook )

Rolland ( Roll Land )

Nassar Thornton ( Nas Sar )

Cecelia ( Ce Cil Lie A)

Chapter Eighteen: Prisons of Dirt and Wind

Rayner stood and arched his neck to the sky, he was incased in a fifteen foot high cage of mud, clay, and rock.

"Adisa! Adisa are you there?" Rayner bellowed, the earthy prison drowning out his cry for help. "That's it!" Rayner thrusted his hands to his side and they blazed up in flames.

Adisa rubbed her head, which now sported a massive bump.

"Ahh...What was that?" She asked herself, still trying to figure out what had sent her flying back, banging her skull onto the ground.

"NOT another step!" a woman's voice echoed through the air. Adisa whirled around, a grim smirk resting on her lips.

"And what if I don't listen?" Adisa asked staring down the woman who had made the idle threats. The woman's silver hair flowed through a river of wind and her eyes roared with a fire of gold, like a yellowing sunset was being forged in her irises.

"Young girl, I wouldn't made snide remarks, like that, if I were you." The woman's voice was soft, but stern.

"Too bad you're not me." As the words were leaving Adisa's mouth darkness erupted into the air spiraling toward the woman.

Before the searing black rays of sorrow could consume the woman, a traitorous wind roared upward, which sent Adisa attack fluttering to the sides.

"Well you're powerful, I'll give you that. But I've been doing this far longer than you, my dear." The woman made circling motions with her hands and two miniature tornados sprung to life and twisted around Adisa.

The woman stiffened her fingers, extended her hands and slammed them together. The cyclones mimicked her motions and jolted toward Adisa, crushing her in a sandwich of wind.

"Ares?" Rayner roared, still trapped in the cage of clay. His bear growled in reply, from the outside. "On my mark, tear this prison apart!" Rayner let out a bellow of anger and his flames blazed, cooking the prison of earth into a thin hard shell of harden clay. "Now!" With the bark of Rayner's command Ares sliced through the dry clay and it crumbled to the ground. Rayner emerged from the rubble, panting from all the energy he just expended.

The fires in his hands sputtered out, his clothes where tattered and littered with sizzling, flaming holes. Rayner turned and saw Adisa standing before a woman, who seemed to be controlling tornados that were swirling around the dark blooded Magic Born.

The woman clapped her hands shut and the churning cyclones followed her motion, slamming into Adisa.

"ADISA!" Rayner let out a cry of bloody murder and raced toward Adisa, but before he could reach her side a massive wall of earth was conjured upward, in his path.

Rayner turned on his heel, and a man loomed over him. His hands where extended, holding up the wall he had just summoned. He dropped his hands, but the wall still stood, and ripped his hands sky high from the ground up. Following his motion chunks of rock and hardened clay erupted and faced Rayner, ready to pelt him.

"We mean you no harm, we are here to─" Rayner was cut off by the man's toxic roar.

"We have heard that before, but no worries Cecelia can handle anything your dark thieving friend can throw at her!"

Ares growled and bared his teeth at the man's comment.

The man didn't flinch, but his expression changed from furious rage to concerned confusion.

"Ares, heel!" Rayner commanded, the sapphire, imbedded in the hilt of his sword, which was sheathed, began to glow.

The man's face of puzzlement rippled at the sight and drastically changed to utter bewilderment. He dropped his hands and the solid projectiles fell to the ground.

"You have a spirit animal? But how?" the man asked.

Rayner slowly advanced. "Like I tried saying before, we are here to help, Mali sent us!" Rayner made it face to face with the man. "We are gathering Magic Born, so we can overthrow Vestomer, before he can wipe out our species!"

"Cecelia..." The man ran his fingers through his hair in distress. "She'll destroy your friend..." The man swiped his hand through the air and the clay wall before them shattered and fell to the ground.

Rayner's pupil rapidly grew in fear as the sight before him sunk in. Adisa was on the ground clenching her throat, gasping for air. Tiny cyclones spiraled around her hastily absorbing all the oxygen from the air.

Celia stood before her, hands lifted, controlling the tornados the circled faster and faster. Streaks of darkness shirked from Adisa's body trying to destroy the prison of air that surrounded her, but the shadowy attacks were consumed in the furious winds.

"Cecelia! Stop!" The man jumped in front of Adisa and a massive wall of earth burst from the ground and separated Cecelia and Adisa. The winds died and Rayner rushed to Adisa's side.

"Adisa, Adisa can you hear me? Can you breathe?" Rayner's word were frantic and fast. Ares lumbered to their side.

"I guess I got to cocky, I guess she was more powerful." Adisa forced out a rough laugh as her eyes rolled to the back of her head and she passed out.      

Magic Born: The Uprising (Wattys2016)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें