Chapter Four: Secrets to Be Kept

A/N

VOTE AND COMMENT. NEW CHAPTER EVERY SATURDAY

Egon Wood ( E Gon )

Theresa Ashdown ( Tha Ris A )

Rayner Moonfall ( Ray Ner )

Pet: Bear ( Ar Es )

Ceridwen Vix ( Care A Dwhen )

Pet: Owl ( Snow )

Mali ( Mal E )

Mace Kane ( Mace )

Duzna ( Duz Na )

Vestomer ( Ves Tom Ear )

Adisa Rathmore ( A Dis A )

Salina Mortem ( Sa LI Na )

Lilith Calarook ( Lie Lith Cal A Rook )

*********************************************

Chapter Four: Secrets to Be Kept

"Rayner!!" Ceridwen yelled as she watched Theresa drop to the ground. Rayner, Ceridwen, and Egon, who had just reemerge from the forest, rushed over to the fallen Magic Born.

"Pick her up." Ceridwen spat commands to the boys, like a commander in the army. Rayner and Egon lifted Theresa's lifeless body and laid it atop the blankets. Ceridwen closed her eyes and mumbled under her breathe. "I promised I'd never do it again."

Rayner and Egon starred at her for more demands.

"She overloaded her body with all that power, she's used too much energy, and she could die from exhaustion." Ceridwen informed.

"Is there anything we can do?" Egon begged for an answer.

Rayner and Ceridwen locked eyes, and he shook his head in refusal.

"There is one thing" Ceridwen finally said.

"Well what?!" Egon yelled

"Ceridwen, NO!" Rayner roared.

"If I don't she'll die!" Ceridwen demanded.

"If you do...," Rayner's voice trailed off. "You don't want any more blood on your hands!"

"I have to, Mali is counting on us, and I'm not letting him down," Ceridwen countered.

"You know the consequence! It's not a gift, it's not meant to heal, it's meant to harm." Rayner bellowed.

"Rayner, you're not stopping me! I'm healing her!" Ceridwen ended the argument.

Egon stood in utter confusion, waiting for them to help Theresa.

Ceridwen told them to step back and she lifted her hands. Her eyes glowed the color of the sun's core and Theresa's body rose into the air. Ceridwen's hands sparkled in an enchanting white, as if snowflakes were zipping through her fingers.

Theresa's hair trailed behind her like the train on a wedding gown, as the fragments from Ceridwen's fingers incased Theresa's body. There was a hushed silences, only the sounds of the bird's morning song could be heard, and then Ceridwen let of a painful cry. Her glowing eyes turn from day to night in an instant, and her presence made Egon's spine tingle.  

"No!" Rayner wailed.

Ceridwen seemed to have all the tormented souls of hell swirling in her pupils. Suddenly Theresa's body hit the ground and her brown eyes shot open. She gasped for a breath. After taking in her surroundings, she turned ghost pale.