Chapter Fourteen: New Allies

Egon Wood ( E Gon )

Theresa Ashdown ( Tha Ris A )

Pet: Panther Nyx ( Nics )

Rayner Moonfall ( Ray Ner )

Pet: Bear Ares ( Ar Es )

Ceridwen Vix ( Care A Dwhen )

Pet: Owl Snow ( Snow )

Mali ( Mal E )

Mace Kane ( Mace )

Pet: Horse Nilas ( Neil Ass )

Duzna ( Duz Na )

Vestomer ( Ves Tom Ear )

Adisa Rathmore ( A Dis A )

Salina Mortem ( Sa LI Na )

Lilith Calarook ( Lie Lith Cal A Rook )

Talia and Sapphira ( Tal I A & Saf Fi Ra )

*****

Chapter Fourteen: New Allies

           Egon slowly drifted his way over to Apollo and mounted the stallion.

"To the outpost?" He asked Ceridwen, without looking in her direction. She stood bewildered, inhaled and didn't release her breathe for a while. But when she did she didn't reply with words, only a nod answered Egon's question.

Ceridwen turned back once more and her gaze fell upon the black ring that was seared into the dirt. She placed her boot in Artemis's stirrups and swung herself onto the back of the pinto. Ceridwen slapped the reins of her horse and Egon and she bolted toward the outpost.

***

Lilith's eyes reverted to their original color of crimson and she gasped. Theresa raced to Mace's side, as tears formed in her muddy irises awaiting their fall.

"MACE!" Theresa dropped to her knees and cradled him in her arms. Lilith loomed over, shocked and discombobulated.

"Ma...Mace?" Lilith was barely able to force out the words, all those dark nights locked away in her cells she'd dreamed of this moment, being reunited with Mace, but as it unfolded before her it wasn't as she had wished.

"YOU!" Theresa gently laid Mace on the ground and aimed her focus toward Lilith. "This is your fault, you were going to kill him!" Theresa removed one of her blades and inched toward Lilith.

"No...NO! I didn't mean...it wasn't me..." Lilith stumbled backwards and fumbled for words as Theresa advanced.

"It wasn't you!? LIES! Theresa's body was coursing with a multitude of emotions, but fear was nonexistent.

"Theresa, no..." Immediately Theresa dropped her knife and Mace regained her attention. His garments had been bathed in blood, and he was losing consciousness.

"Mace hang on!!" Theresa wailed. She couldn't have another friend die as she stood by and did nothing.

Lilith watched and tears began to stream he cheek. "I can help, move." She finally said. Theresa stared blankly at her but let her lend aid to Mace.

"He's lost too much blood and passed out, he will die if we don't patch the wound!" Lilith informed. Theresa began to rip her sleeves off. "But first..." Lilith surveyed the arrow imbedded in Mace's chest. "It missed his heart, and major arteries. But we need to remove it, now!" Lilith said to Theresa.