Chapter Six: Battles Are Meant to Be Fought

Egon Wood ( E Gon )

Theresa Ashdown ( Tha Ris A )

Rayner Moonfall ( Ray Ner )

Pet: Bear Ares ( Ar Es )

Ceridwen Vix ( Care A Dwhen )

Pet: Owl Snow ( Snow )

Mali ( Mal E )

Mace Kane ( Mace )

Pet: Horse Nilas ( Neil Ass )

Duzna ( Duz Na )

Vestomer ( Ves Tom Ear )

Adisa Rathmore ( A Dis A )

Salina Mortem ( Sa LI Na )

Lilith Calarook ( Lie Lith Cal A Rook )

Talia and Sapphira ( Tal I A & Saf Fi Ra )

************

Chapter Six: Battles Are Meant to Be Fought

After Egon had pick up the staff, he followed Mace out of the barn and into the open field.

"Now, the only way to learn is by doing. Are yah ready, lad?" Mace asked.

"Bring it!" Egon smirked.

Mace's eyes turn a light icy blue and he lifted his hands to the skies. Immediately a wind that chilled to the core, was swirling around Egon.

"How am I supposed to fight this?!" Egon yelled over the hissing tornado of ice shards.

"That's your problem, mate." Mace laughed. A sheet of ice formed below Egon's feet and began crawling its way up his legs. Mace had trapped his feet in an icy prison and he wasn't stopping. The ice ascended up Egon's body.

When it reached Egon's torso he bellowed. "Okay Mace, I can't escape, you've proved your point. Now stop!!" Egon's bones began to freeze as the frost incased his body even more. He shivered and dropped his staff, the ice had made its way to his throat. Before his body became a frozen statue, Mali, who had been watching, raced to Egon's aid.

"Mace Kane, cease this instant!" Mali demanded.

When he did not stop the whirling vortex of hail, Mali had no choice.

"Mace I said stop!" Mali bellowed as a massive root sported from the earth bellow the icy Magic Born and knocked him off his feet. When Mace hit the ground this churning shards hit the dirt and the Egon's sparkling prison exploded into glowing glass-like pieces.

Egon fell to the earth fighting for oxygen. Mace stood in fury. Egon stomped toward him, and within three inches of the boy's face spat out,

"It's you I don't trust, not them. Remember that, mate!" Mocking Maces accent.

Mali calmly and collectively said, "Mace, take a break. Your mind is too angered to help Egon train. I don't know what is bothering you, but fix it, and quick."

Mace stormed off to his sleeping quarters. Mali picked up Egon's fallen staff and strolled over to him.

"Are you ok my boy?" He sympathetically asked.

"You were at Magur, when Rayner and Ceridwen rescued us. Because right before Duzna could set us ablaze, large roots rose from the ground and coiled around him. That was you, wasn't it?" Egon questioned.