Chapter Fifteen: Love is Something to Fight for

Egon Wood ( E Gon )

Pet: Lion Mercury ( Mer Cur Re)

Theresa Ashdown ( Tha Ris A )

Pet: Panther Nyx ( Nics )

Rayner Moonfall ( Ray Ner )                                                                               

Pet: Bear Ares ( Ar Es )

Ceridwen Vix ( Care A Dwhen )

Pet: Owl Snow ( Snow )

Mali ( Mal E )

Mace Kane ( Mace )

Pet: Horse Nilas ( Neil Ass )

Duzna ( Duz Na )

Vestomer ( Ves Tom Ear )

Adisa Rathmore ( A Dis A )

Salina Mortem ( Sa LI Na )

Lilith Calarook ( Lie Lith Cal A Rook )

Talia and Sapphira ( Tal I A & Saf Fi Ra )

Chapter Fifteen: Love is Something to Fight for

Egon and Ceridwen had not spoken since they mounted their horses, and the silence had become unbearable for the huntress.

"Stop! Stop acting like this!" Ceridwen barked at Egon.

"Acting like what?" He replied, without breaking his gaze from the path they were forging ahead. 

"Like you're furious, like you don't appreciated your powers, like they are a burden, like─"

"They ARE a burden!" Egon roared, gripping Apollo's reins and pulling them until the horse came to a complete stop.

"I would give anything to have your powers, instead I'm cursed with a death touch...If you consider your gift a burden, think again!" Ceridwen halted Artemis.

"It's not my powers!" Egon roared and dropped his head to the ground. "It's the thought of not living up to them..." He sighed. "If the time comes for me to save someone, or stop Vestomer, I don't know if I can do it, I don't know if I'll have the power to..."

Ceridwen dropped the stern, cinderblock skin, impenetrable fortress act, and slid off Artemis. "Egon, you think you can just discover your powers and then be able to move mountains? No one can, it's not human─"

"That's the point, I'M. NOT. HUMAN!" Egon cut Ceridwen off.

"EGON WOOD, Listen! We are all human, you just happen to have a breathtaking gift, but it's nothing to fear. You aren't just going to wake up and be the man we need you to be, it's going to take patience, practice, and time." Ceridwen brushed her drifting hair over her ear reviling her mossy irises. "You will live up to Mali's expectations, but you can't bottle up your fear and uncertainty, because then you would be on your own, and I would NEVER allow that..."

Egon had slipped over Apollo and was face to face with Ceridwen. Her eyes were a tornado, of hurt, because he didn't trust her with his fear, and relief, because Egon soaked up her words and kept them in his heart.

"I just can't be the man everyone needs me to be..." Egon said, shifting his glance away from Ceridwen.

"Then don't," Ceridwen graced his chin and pulled him toward her so his sky blue eyes were lined with her forest colored irises. "Be the man I need you to be!" In that moment all her walls were down, and she pressed her lips against Egon's.