Epilogue

Epilogue

Duzna trudged up the mountain with a scowl plastered on his face. All the walking had made him, not tried, but annoyed. He was so furious that he had yet to master heat travel, yes he had done it once before to kill Egon, but that was insane that he even managed it then.

If he could learn how to break up his heat molecules circling in his body and connect them somewhere else, he could heat travel.

The expression of annoyance melted away into a smile of glee. He had reached the cave, and peering out at him was Salina Mortem.

"Hello Duzna." Salina hissed. "Come to release me from the prison?"

"Yes my queen, I am." Duzna replied, reviling the shimmering green potion.

"And the Magic Born in Tenebris?" Salina questioned.

"Still trapped."

"What about the heroes who tried to save them?" Salina asked.

"They failed...They did manage to kill Vestomer, but I killed one of theirs. And incinerated the man at the bottom of the mountain

Salina grabbed her hair and pulled out tangling gray strands. "He was mine to destroy! After all the years of making me use my powers for good, I was going to slit his throat." She lugged at the entrance of the cave, but the magical barrier stopped her. She calmed herself then spoke. "I guess, I can overlook that mistake, just release me!"

"With pleasure..." Duzna poured the potion on the ground and the liquid seeped into the earth. The invisible barrier, keeping Salina imprisoned, glowed green then disappeared. Salina stepped through the entrance and a malicious smiled was carved into her face.

As her body emerged from a life time of caging. Her hair began to glow and turn in a silky smooth black, but it shuttered and quickly reverted to a tangled bush of grey. Her robes began glow shining and new, a royal blue of purity, but suddenly they flashed and her new garments returned to tattered robes.    

Salina turned to Duzna and her voice echoed into the air.

"Why didn't the potion restore my powers!" Salina barked.

"My...my queen...I thought it would...but a guess it only broke you free of your containment..."

Salina dug her black nailed into Duzna's robes and pulled him an inch form her face.

"You will find my heart that the gods stole from me, so that I may rule this dreaded land once more!"