Chapter Twenty-Six Part One: The Battle for Magur

Egon Wood ( E Gon )

Pet: Lion Mercury ( Mer Cur Re)

Theresa Ashdown ( Tha Ris A )

Pet: Panther Nyx ( Nics )

Rayner Moonfall ( Ray Ner )

Pet: Bear Ares ( Ar Es )

Ceridwen Vix ( Care A Dwhen )

Pet: Owl Snow ( Snow )

Mali ( Mal E )

Mace Kane ( Mace )

Pet: Horse Nilas ( Neil Ass )

Duzna ( Duz Na )

Vestomer ( Ves Tom Ear )

Adisa Rathmore ( A Dis A )

Salina Mortem ( Sa LI Na )

Lilith Calarook ( Lie Lith Cal A Rook )

Rolland ( Roll Land )

Nassar Thornton ( Nas Sar )

Cecelia Clayhem ( Ce Cil Lie A)

Synth Clayhem ( Sin Th )

Chapter Twenty-Six Part One: The Battle for Magur

          Egon stood, shaking, as the army advanced towards the castle. About one-hundred soldiers, men and women, from the out post, were lined up like pawns on a chessboard.

Every troop had one sword, because supplies was limited. Egon watched as every troop, along with Mace, Lilith, Synth, and Cecelia, filtered off towards the town of Magur. Everyone had told their spirit animals to stay with the army, because Egon could only conceal so many things before fainting with exhaustion.

"Ok Egon, now is the time..." Rolland informed. Egon raised his hands and light erupted from his palms incasing Rayner, Adisa, Ceridwen, Theresa, Rolland, and himself, in a luminous glow.

"Did it work?" Rayner asked.

"I believe so..." Rolland said, half sure of his answer.

"Trust me it worked." Egon replied, beaming at Ceridwen. "I had a little persuasion..." 

"Ok, we'll head through the castle doors, then make our way to Vestomer's chambers." Rolland looked over to see the soldiers lining up ready to attack. "Our troops will be a distraction, but we still need to hurry." Rolland placed his hand on Adisa. "Use your powers to tell the others, attack once we've made it to the castle. They won't be able to see use, so you'll come with us, then Shadow Seep and let them know..."

***

In no time the group had made it to the castle, thanks to Adisa's powers. Egon glanced back at the troops lined around the perimeter of Magur, ready to strike. Adisa's body swarmed in a fury of blackness and then she was gone. After she had disappeared, seconds later, the army began to advance on Magur.

"Where are all the village people?" Egon asked.

"We had them evacuate of course...I mean we aren't going to let innocent people die...No, no, no that's just cruel..." Egon would know that voice anywhere. He whirled around and Duzna stood before him, along with ten of Vestomer's soldiers. They were the only thing separating them from the castle door. 

Egon dropped his light shield of invisibility. "How did you know...?"

"That you were planning on attacking? Well that's all thanks to your good friend Mace..." Duzna released a crazed cackle