Chapter Twenty-Five: Dreams of Carnage

Egon Wood ( E Gon )

Pet: Lion Mercury ( Mer Cur Re)

Theresa Ashdown ( Tha Ris A )

Pet: Panther Nyx ( Nics )

Rayner Moonfall ( Ray Ner )

Pet: Bear Ares ( Ar Es )

Ceridwen Vix ( Care A Dwhen )

Pet: Owl Snow ( Snow )

Mali ( Mal E )

Mace Kane ( Mace )

Pet: Horse Nilas ( Neil Ass )

Duzna ( Duz Na )

Vestomer ( Ves Tom Ear )

Adisa Rathmore ( A Dis A )

Salina Mortem ( Sa LI Na )

Lilith Calarook ( Lie Lith Cal A Rook )

Rolland ( Roll Land )

Nassar Thornton ( Nas Sar )

Cecelia Clayhem ( Ce Cil Lie A)

Synth Clayhem ( Sin Th )

Chapter Twenty-Five: Dreams of Carnage

As Nassar exploded into the camp with Theresa's bloody body, Ceridwen and Adisa raced to his side.

"What happened?" Ceridwen asked, as she helped carry Theresa into Rolland's tent.

"The Fulgur stabbed her." Nassar said as he and Ceridwen laid Theresa on top of Rolland's desk.

"I gave her some elder berries, but she need to be bandaged, and her wound needs to be cleaned." Nassar was informing Ceridwen and Adisa as Rolland entered the tent.

"Good god!" He exclaimed. "I'll get Cecelia; she usually treats everyone's wounds."

"Tell, her to grab the alcohol for disinfecting!" Nassar yelled as Rolland raced out of the tent.

Soon Lilith and Rayner long with Mace and Egon burst through the tent.

"What happened, is she ok?"

"How did she get stabbed?"

"Who's treating her?"

A Multitude of question's raided the tiny tent, as Ceridwen pushed the group outside.

"She's going to be fine, Cecelia is treating her!" As Ceridwen spoke Nassar raced out of the tent and Cecelia along with Rolland raced in. "But right now y'all need to make the potion."

Ceridwen handed Egon the pedal from the Moonclover than disappeared into the tent.

"I'll make the potion...my dad told me to..." Nassar took the Moonclover from Egon and held out his hand for the rest of the ingredient's. After Rayner passed him the queen fairy wing and Mace handed him the dragon eye, Nassar walked over to the tent across from the one Theresa was being treated in.

"Now what?" Egon asked.

"Now we wait..." Rayner said as he plopped onto the grass, the morning sun, peeking across the horizon.

Over time, the exhaustion of their mission blanked over Lilith, Rayner, Mace, and Egon, and they drifted into sleep.

***

Egon's eyes exploded open, and looming over him was Rayner, violently shaking him awake.

"You need to see this..." Egon turned and noticed, Mace and Lilith had disappeared. Rayner walked him over to the tent Nassar had vanished into hours ago. When the two entered, they caught the stares of Ceridwen, Adisa, Mace, Lilith, and Rolland, despair prominent on all of their faces.