Chapter Seven: Blood Stained Promises

Egon Wood ( E Gon )

Theresa Ashdown ( Tha Ris A )

Rayner Moonfall ( Ray Ner )                                                                               

Pet: Bear Ares ( Ar Es )

Ceridwen Vix ( Care A Dwhen )

Pet: Owl Snow ( Snow )

Mali ( Mal E )

Mace Kane ( Mace )

Pet: Horse Nilas ( Neil Ass )

Duzna ( Duz Na )

Vestomer ( Ves Tom Ear )

Adisa Rathmore ( A Dis A )

Salina Mortem ( Sa LI Na )

Lilith Calarook ( Lie Lith Cal A Rook )

Talia and Sapphira ( Tal I A & Saf Fi Ra )

******************************************************

Chapter Seven: Blood Stained Problems

Rayner slouched in the saddle as Ares tromped up the mountain.

"Almost there buddy, come on. To the cave." Rayner encouraged as he patted the bear's neck.

He bent over, staring at the drop-off beside him, and gulped. He was on a narrow, winding path, below lay the camp and he could see tiny ant-like people, who seemed to be battling.

Rayner had been traveling since dawn, and even though he was riding, his back ached from sitting upright all this time.

Finally, they made it. He slid off Ares, dust billowing into the morning air as his leather boots hit the ground.

"Stay here, Mali only needs two gems, I'll be quick." Then Rayner grabbed the bear by his skull and said. "But stay away from the edge!" Ares growled in obedience, then nudged his nose into Rayners jaw and growled again. "Yes, I love you, too, boy." He hugged his beloved pet.

Rayner's hand began to glow, like a mini sun had grown in it. He slowly crept into the cave, fear swirling in his eyes. His irises had fallen dark, because the gems were not just sitting on the ground to be gathered, no, it was more complicated than that.

***

Long ago, before Vestomer ruled the land of Magur, a woman journeyed to these mountains, with her family, to build a home. Her children were playing in the cave Rayner had just entered, when her daughter slipped on a patch of water and busted her skull open. Blood filled the dark, moist cavern.

Oblivious to the other being in that cave, her brother cried for his mother. But not only did his mother hear, but so did the inhabitant of the cave. The man slithered into the light to aid the children, for a price. As the woman neared the cave, she heard voices, and not just her children's.

"Hello, my lady." A toothy smile crept upon the man's face as the mother entered his lair. "Here to save your children?"

The woman raced to her daughter's side, but she wasn't fast enough. The man vaporized, then reformed before her eyes.

"What do you want?" the woman cried.

"You," He smirked. "I've been cursed by an evil witch, with abundant powers but with prices: I'm to never leave this cave, or death will follow, I can only make trades, only deals, only receive after had given. I can't kill, but I can torture."