Chapter Twenty-Six Part Two: The Battle for Magur

Egon Wood ( E Gon )

Pet: Lion Mercury ( Mer Cur Re)

Theresa Ashdown ( Tha Ris A )

Pet: Panther Nyx ( Nics )

Rayner Moonfall ( Ray Ner )

Pet: Bear Ares ( Ar Es )

Ceridwen Vix ( Care A Dwhen )

Pet: Owl Snow ( Snow )

Mali ( Mal E )

Mace Kane ( Mace )

Pet: Horse Nilas ( Neil Ass )

Duzna ( Duz Na )

Vestomer ( Ves Tom Ear )

Adisa Rathmore ( A Dis A )

Salina Mortem ( Sa LI Na )

Lilith Calarook ( Lie Lith Cal A Rook )

Rolland ( Roll Land )

Nassar Thornton ( Nas Sar )

Cecelia Clayhem ( Ce Cil Lie A)

Synth Clayhem ( Sin Th )

Chapter Twenty-Six Part Two: The Battle for Magur

Mace watched as Adisa conjured snakes of darkness and slithered them through Vestomer's guards. Her whips flew through the air like squid tentacles, searing bitterness into everyone and everything it touched. Everyone around Mace was holding their ground but more waves of troops rippled their way.

Mace blasted an icy wind under his body and propelled himself towards Synth, and once more hollered.

"Synth!!" This time the Magic Born Heard Mace's cry and raced to his aid.

"We are becoming overpowered!" Synth roared.

"I bloody know that, that's why I need you and Cecelia to follow me!" Mace replied.

As Mace, Cecelia and Synth raced back to Lilith reality sunk in, they weren't winning this battle, not even with Lilith's grand idea of the help of the Magic Born trapped in Tenebris.

Mace slammed on the breaks and turned on his heel. He watched as their trooped were being slain, Vestomer's guards stabbed them and littered their bodies in arrows.

"Get everyone out! I'm calling a full retreat!"

Synth and Cecelia, stood bewildered.

"Now you bloody gits!" Mace screamed and the brother sister duo raced away.

Mace rushed towards Adisa, he whistled and Nilas raced to his side. Mace leapt onto the horses and galloped to Adisa.

He arrived to her side and jumped from Nilas. He grabbed the stallion by his mussel and pressed his forehead to the horse's nose.

"Get Lilith to safety! I'm not losing her!" Nilas bolted away and Mace grabbed Adisa's arm. "Adisa we can't win this fight! I need you to Shadow Seep to the castle and get everyone to safety! Can you do that?"

No answer left her lips but she disappeared in a black vapor of darkness.

***

Egon turned around and Rolland was still fighting two of the guards, he began to go help but his sight fell upon Rayner and Duzna. He quickly raced to aid Rayner. Duzna's back was to Egon, so Egon removed his staff and sliced at the evil sorcerer. But it was another heat mirage, and Duzna evaporated into flames.