Prologue

I'm happy to announce the sequel to Escape from the Witch Hunters. This is called, Escape from the Obstinate Prince, and I hope you enjoy it much more than I enjoy writing it. :)

E X C E R P T

 Jack slowly walked towards Ami, and she kept backing up until finally she hit the cold stone wall. "Why are you doing this?" her eyes darted fearfully left and right, like a scared rabbit looking for a path to escape.

"Doing what?" he had an arrogant smile on his face and he got closer to her. Close enough so that she plainly saw his long and dark eyelashes, which, much to her dismay, entranced her.

"That." she glanced at his hand delicately placed on her waist. Her heart picked up speed. 

"Is it wrong for me to want to hold my own wife?" his other hand rested on the wall and he rested his head near hers, his lips touching her ear.

"It is when you, just days before, resented the very fact that I was alive." she closed her eyes trying her best not to shudder at his touch.

"Maybe I've had a change of heart." he raised his head and looked into her eyes, his breathing uneven. 

 She shook her head. "Jack? A change a heart? Hardly." in her moment of bravery she scoffed.

"What if I said I loved you?" he whispered slowly, eyes flicking down to her lips and his parting slightly.

"I wouldn't believe you." her heart pounded in her ears and she tried ignore where Jack's gaze was locked. "It's a lie and we both know it, Jacques." she smirked up at him, knowing full well that calling him by his full name would annoy him.

He looked up, his eyes flashing, pulled her against him tightly and his lips crashed onto hers.  

B A C K G R O U N D

Andromeda Aurora Amélia has dreaded the day when she would turn sixteen.

Before she was even born, her parents made an alliance with their neighboring country, Carenthia, promising to give their firstborn daughter to their firstborn son as a marriage alliance.

When she last saw the Prince(which was ten years ago), Jacques had been a pig-headed boy who resented the fact that she would rather be inside than outside, got mud all over her favorite violet dress, and had the ugliest(for lack of a better word) pug nose.

She is of course traumatized over the idea of seeing him again, and can't even begin to imagine marrying the boy.

<><><>

Jacques, or Jack, always hoped that Andromeda Aurora Amélia would never reach her sixteenth birthday, or that maybe a witch would cast a spell on her and make her young forever, so he wouldn't have to marry her.

The last time he had seen her she had been a very boring girl. She didn't play ball with him, she didn't play chase with him and she even cried when he accidentally got a bit of mud on her stupid dress.

As far as he was concerned, she was most likely still the snobbish boring brat who he knew ten years ago and he did not want to be married to that sort of a girl.  

Go vote, comment, blah blah blah. Tell me what you think. If you vote, I will see that, and I will know who, or who did not leave a comment. Well duh. But the point is, I'm watching you. So comment.