Bonus Chapter - Jack's POV

"HelloMadisonitsgoodtoseeyouagain."

Jack went stiff. Ami.

"Jack," Madison called. "I think you've had enough time to think it over."

How much did she hear? He blushed and looked up at her. At least she looks just as embarrassed.

"Hello, wife." He sat up and scratched the back of his neck. "I think we need to talk."

"What was he talking about?" she nodded in the direction Madison had fled. "What have you been thinking over?"

He rubbed his face. Now is as good as time to tell her. Might as well get it all over with so I can move on with my life. He stood up and link his arm through hers, leading her out to the castle gardens. He sat down and indicated for Ami to do the same. "I was thinking things over..."

"So I heard." Ami said.

Is she mocking me? He continued. "And when I was thinking, I thought about how amazing it was that we didn't die, how you just so happened to know how to swim, and how the wood splinters missed all of my vital organs. Then it occurred to me, that it wasn't luck, it wasn't happenstance - there is a God above who know our every need, who is real and who does cares about us." He took a deep breath and rested his chin on his folded hands. He couldn't bring himself to look at her.

She said nothing. Jack started to wonder if she still really felt nothing towards him. Didn't she say that the roadblock in their relationship was about their Creator? Now he believed. He knew now. Did this mean she really had no interest in him at all?

He tried again. "I realize that I was wrong. I've been so blind, and I'm sorry for that. I shouldn't have dragged you off during our wedding. I should have treated you better. There are lots of things I should have done, but I didn't and I regret it."

Jack gathered the courage to look up at her. She was studying his face. He couldn't tell if it was disgust, confusion, or happiness that he saw.

"Your Highnesses!" a page scanned the gardens until he saw the royals. "You are to meet with the King and Queen in the Council Room at once. There is a surprise for Princess Amélia."

A surprise?

"For me?" Ami furrowed her eyebrows.

"Thank you, page. You may go." Jack stood up and offered his hand to Ami. It wasn't too late to start being a gentleman.

Ami smiled, a real smile, and took his hand.

They walked towards to Council Room, Ami almost dragging Jack in her excitement.

Jack opened the door and almost as soon as he did so, a rather plump figure, swooped over and wrapped Ami up in a hug (thus tearing Ami's hand away from Jack's - for which he was not grateful).

"Ami, my darling!" Upon closer inspection, the figure was presumed to be Ami's mother, and the man striding towards Ami with open arms, was presumed to be her father.

The woman spoke in such a flurry that Jack couldn't catch much at all, so he just lowered his head and hoped not to be noticed.

"We have some good news for you." Ami's father said. "But I think it's better if the King informs you."

Jack looked up suspiciously. What exactly was this "good news"? Ami looked back at him to see if he knew anymore than she did. He shrugged. He wished he knew.

They all sat down at the table and Jack's father began to talk.

What if I don't like this good news? Why are her parents here? What are they scheming?