Chapter 11

First things first: (Please read if you are a new reader or an old one. Some things will make more sense after this chapter.)

1. Going months without a bath was quite common back in the medieval days, and although this is fantasy, I still try to make it medieval as possible. (Richer people still waited a long while to take baths, simply because it took so much time to draw up the water, heat it and all that jazz.
2. As for Freya's age, I'm sure you've noticed how sometimes she'll talk like a one year old, and other times it'll be like a four year old. It's a plot hole that I will try to fix as soon as I finish the book.
3. You guys are either 1. terrible at pointing out plot holes, or 2. you would simply prefer to let me continue writing in ignorance. (There was the whole 'lady-in-waiting' incident. *facepalm*) I really need to write these things down...
4. I think that's it...enjoy the chapter!

"Can I meet her now?" Mad whispered outside of Ami's room.

"No." Jack scowled. "She's sleeping. The physician is done and told me to let her rest."

"I wanna see her too." Freya tugged on Jack's trousers. "I think she's pretty."

Jack sighed. "Not now Freya, she's sleeping and she hurt her ankle. You want her to get better, right?"

Freya nodded. "She's really pretty. Can I see her? I want to be pretty like her."

Jack glanced at Madison. "When has she been talking so much?"

"Oh since the past couple of weeks. Ever since you left." he grinned.

Jack rolled his eyes and picked up Freya. "Alright but you have to be very quiet and don't say a word."

"I'll be quiet" Freya nodded solemnly "Very quiet."

He opened the door of Ami's room and let Freya peak inside.

"Don't you know how perverted you seem?" Mad whispered. "Looking upon your bride while she's sleeping, before you're wed. Tsk tsk, Jack."

Jack turned to glare at Mad and brought Freya out of the room. "She's pretty." Freya wriggled down from Jack's hold.

Jack looked at his little sister. He had to admit that Ami was pretty, but that did not mean her character was flawless. In fact it was far from flawless.

"Did she really break her ankle?" Mad picked up Freya.

"No, turned out that it was just a sprain. It will take a little while and so she needs all the rest she can get." Jack stuffed his hands in his pockets. "You hold Freya too much."

"Says you. You're just jealous that Freya wants me to hold her more than she wants you to hold her." Mad squished Freya's cheek gently before looking back at Jack. "Will her ankle be better before the wedding? It's not that far off in the future."

"I hope so." Jack said. "The physician said that he was pretty sure it was just a minor strain, so she should be back to walking in a week or two. Mother might end up changing the physician's mind and Ami might be better in a few days."

Mad nodded. "Well hopefully she gets better before then."

"Or maybe she won't get better and I won't have to marry her." Jack grinned. "Besides, if she made a big deal about the minor sprain, it just shows that she's overly dramatic. Not a good quality to have in a wife."

Mad raised an eyebrow. "Remind me, what did she do to be dramatic? They way I heard it she was begging you not to take her upon your horse. And besides, don't you remember that time when you fell from your horse and hurt your arm? You cried like a baby just because you got a scrape and you saw blood." he snickered slightly at the memory. "You still can't handle blood, can you?"